Linux Repositories (Ubuntu)

<< < (3/4) > >>

docwild:
That is strange. Could you post the output of configure? Plus the output of :

--- Code: ---locate libsdl
locate libopenal
--- End code ---

kir_b:
Hey guys, thanks so much for all your efforts in bringing this game to fruition, I can't tell you how excited I am to dive in.

I've spent the night writing up an install for newbies like myself on Ubuntu forums. In doing this I've come accross a few repositories, before finally finding one for Ubuntu Karmic Koala. It has version 2.2.1-1. I'm not sure how good/reliable this one is, but I thought that while I'm here, I'll take the time to share it.

It's located at the playdeb.net website.

Here's all the info, specially laid out for the newbie in mind.

If the link doesn't work, go to ubuntu forums's gaming and leisure section and do a search for "Installing UFO: Alien invasion - a how to"

Hopefully this helps someone.

Thanks again all.   ;D  Kirby

geever:

--- Quote from: kir_b on April 12, 2010, 05:44:57 pm ---I've spent the night writing up an install for newbies like myself on Ubuntu forums. In doing this I've come accross a few repositories, before finally finding one for Ubuntu Karmic Koala. It has version 2.2.1-1. I'm not sure how good/reliable this one is, but I thought that while I'm here, I'll take the time to share it.

It's located at the playdeb.net website.

--- End quote ---

The package on playdeb is/was broken. We've got many players asking for help setting it up.

And it is 2.2.1 the latest stable, which is old, very old...

-geever

leyon:
I managed to fix my problem thanks to the folks at IRC :D Apparently I was missing a particular dev version of one of my packages that the script to apt-get install missed for some reason.

kir_b:

--- Quote from: geever on April 12, 2010, 06:17:19 pm ---The package on playdeb is/was broken. We've got many players asking for help setting it up.

And it is 2.2.1 the latest stable, which is old, very old...

-geever

--- End quote ---

I thought that I'd spend some time playing before I responded to the "is/was broken" part of your comment. Whatever was wrong appears to be fixed.

I'm happy to report that it does seem to be running fine. Also, I thought that I'd point out that the Synaptic package manager tells me that it is not version 2.2.1, but instead is version 2.2.1-1~getdeb2, which is quite different from the versions that are available from all the other repositories that I've tried (the best I could find was 2.1.1 versions, until this one).

If that is such an "old, very old" version, what does a newbie have to do to get a newer version included in a repository? I would love to be trying out the newer version, but the instructions for installing the svn version are a little above my head and I'm sure that is the same for most newbies.

I look forward to a response . Thanks again. Kirby

P.S. It looks great at this point. superb job guys (and girls).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version