project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: RC3 crash on mission end  (Read 3231 times)

pjbream

RC3 crash on mission end
« on: August 04, 2006, 07:53:14 pm »
Hi,

Just downloaded this for the first time and it's brilliant - thanks!

Everything worked perfectly up until the end of my first mission. After it gave me the summary and total credits earned, etc..., trying to return to the world map crashed the game. The error was:

==== ShutdownGame ====
Error: Could not get character with ucn: 29285

I am running RC3 on a FC5 (SMP kernel) box with a P4 with and ATI Radeon 3D card.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Phil

Offline Bandobras

• Captain
    • View Profile
RC3 crash on mission end
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 08:49:11 pm »
This is probably fixed in the last xdelta patch posted on the forum. Go get it. :) Or wait for RC4...

v29a

RC3 crash on mission end
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 11:52:32 pm »
as bandro said: have a look at the xdelta patches ... i could play 3 missions in a row without a single bug :) (stopped after that so the good impression wasnt spoiled ;-) )

pjbream

RC3 crash on mission end
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2006, 10:07:15 am »
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Got RC4 using svn. Seems like it's working fine but took a lot of patience to get there - A problem, which I had with RC2 but not RC3 is back again in RC4: my mouse frame rate is VERY slow, even though the rest of the graphics are fine (and my 3D acceleration with ATI radeon works fine with kmod-fglrx in other games).

I've noticed a couple of other posts with similar issues but haven't found any fixes anywhere. Any ideas?

pjbream

RC3 crash on mission end
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2006, 11:56:42 am »
Sorry, I lie - I just updated my fglrx module and my fps is anywhere between 1 and 5...i.e. not good! But I still have no problems with other games, e.g. tux racer...any ideas?

Thanks!