Technical support > Linux

Issue running configure. (Solved)

(1/2) > >>

moxiewhimsy:
I'm sure this issue can easily be solved by something I'm overlooking, but I have an issue compiling version 2.3.

version:
I've checked out revision 24949 via svn.

System:
most of my uname string is:
2.6.28-13-generic #45-Ubuntu SMP Tue Jun 30 22:12:12 UTC 2009 x86_64 GNU/Linux
This is a laptop with intel integrated x3100 graphics—Though that isn't even an issue yet.

Anything else that would be helpful?

Issue:
I run svn up followed by ./configure.
When I run ./configure after a couple screens it returns the following error:

--- Code: ---configure: error: For current build options, pkg-config is required. Did you maybe forget to run aclocal with the current include path?
--- End code ---

I tried running aclocal in place—I'm not actually sure what's this is for, aclocal.m4 is in our directory already.

Also, I've checked to be sure that pkg-config is installed. Is there further configuration needed here?

I've attached the output of configure.
What should I do from here?

geever:
Run:

--- Code: ---sudo apt-get install pkg-config
--- End code ---

-geever

moxiewhimsy:
I wish it was that simple...

--- Quote from: moxiewhimsy on July 03, 2009, 02:40:59 am ---Also, I've checked to be sure that pkg-config is installed. Is there further configuration needed here?

--- End quote ---

--- Code: ---Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
pkg-config is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

--- End code ---

I tried both build-deps and reinstalling pkg-config as well, but to no avail. Is there a pkg-config-dev somewhere I'm missing? Should I downgrade pkg-config?

moxiewhimsy:
Okay I went through the configure file and found six places where that same message is returned. With some easily removed markers I narrowed down which one is referenced.

It's line 8980 of the current configure file; the second of the message "For current build options…include path?" (the one of the two without $LINENO) under the remarked heading # Check Vorbis.

Now can anyone tell me what I need to do?

geever:

--- Quote from: moxiewhimsy on July 04, 2009, 12:21:50 am ---It's line 8980 of the current configure file; the second of the message "For current build options…include path?" (the one of the two without $LINENO) under the remarked heading # Check Vorbis.

Now can anyone tell me what I need to do?

--- End quote ---

Line 8980 of configure is a fi for me...

Here is a docu about compiling on debian (and similar) systems (with a list of prerequiestes).

-geever

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version