project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Complying missions with Auto-Button  (Read 2677 times)

Van de Fanel

Complying missions with Auto-Button
« on: June 25, 2009, 04:02:32 pm »
Hi again.
I'm playing now with new UFOAI 2.3 R24827 Developer's Built and got a question about complying missions with Auto-Button.

If I comply a mission the normal way (kill all the aliens by myself and so on...), I get a mission report, where I see how many civilians I saved, how many of my soliders survived and so on.
If I comply the same mission by using the Auto-Button, the mission report tells me, that 0 soliders survived, 0 soliders where killed (but they're all back at my base) and no items where looted.

Should it be this way?

Greetings from Germany

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Complying missions with Auto-Button
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 05:18:56 pm »
Items are not looted because they're not created. It's not a "real" battle. The summary screen is shown 'cause of uforecovery. It would be nice to fill the values but it's not done - yet. So they're not implemented features.

-geever

Titan

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 06:32:32 pm »
Basically, it's like a free 'skip this battle'.

odie

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 12:50:54 pm »
Hi again.
I'm playing now with new UFOAI 2.3 R24827 Developer's Built and got a question about complying missions with Auto-Button.

If I comply a mission the normal way (kill all the aliens by myself and so on...), I get a mission report, where I see how many civilians I saved, how many of my soliders survived and so on.
If I comply the same mission by using the Auto-Button, the mission report tells me, that 0 soliders survived, 0 soliders where killed (but they're all back at my base) and no items where looted.

Should it be this way?

I believe that geever answered the main geas of it - Its not intended to be this way. This is there simply to allow quick completion of missions now, and allow progress to test other bugs.

In coding, if i did not remember reading it in the codes somewhere, it has some functions to take in your soldiers' stats, equips, etc, and do a check against the enemies', then a probability would occur, where it allows the 'chance' for a win (based on statistics) or lost scenario (same manner).

Open for corrections from Dev team. :D