project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Updated game files?  (Read 1651 times)

Malakie

Updated game files?
« on: June 07, 2009, 09:39:17 pm »
Hi,

I have been gone for quite a while and on my return wanted to update UFOAI to the latest version.  Are there links for builds to the latest version with all the fixes available or is 2.2.1 the only one I can still play and use?    Being that it is over a year old (2.2.1) I wanted to update to the latest revision talked about in the April 2009 monthly notes.  Is this possible or am I stuck with the older version?  I am not a C++ coder so have no clue how to 'build' packages out of the code.

Malakie

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
Re: Updated game files?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 11:34:59 pm »
2.2.1 is the latest stable and official release.

The notes on the project page refer to 2.3, which is in development.

2.3 has a lot of different features, and is very different, but isn't finished yet and has many bugs.

If you want to try 2.3, look for a link for a binary to download from this forum - Odie and myself link to Windows installers, and someone whose name I forgot started Mac installers.  If you're on Linux, it is very easy to download and compile the game with the wiki instructions, and you don't need to be a programmer (for Linux setup).

Malakie

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 07:20:19 pm »
2.2.1 is the latest stable and official release.

The notes on the project page refer to 2.3, which is in development.

2.3 has a lot of different features, and is very different, but isn't finished yet and has many bugs.

If you want to try 2.3, look for a link for a binary to download from this forum - Odie and myself link to Windows installers, and someone whose name I forgot started Mac installers.  If you're on Linux, it is very easy to download and compile the game with the wiki instructions, and you don't need to be a programmer (for Linux setup).

I had looked for a link to the 2.3 to try it out but so far I am not finding one..   I will keep looking.

Malakie

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 07:39:55 pm »