Technical support > Linux

SUSE - compiling manual :-)

<< < (2/3) > >>

geever:
That Could not load image pk3 message is non-fatal afaik. It will use files in base/pics dir instead.

-geever

abrax:
Finally something happened that stopped all the process... :

../../ufo2map -nice 19 -extra corrupt04.map
---- ufo2map 1.1 ----
nice = 19
extrasamples = true
path: 'corrupt04.map'
gamedir: /usr/local/games/ufoai/ufoai_2.2/base/
Could not load image pk3 (/usr/local/games/ufoai/ufoai_2.2/base/0pics.pk3)
...map: '/usr/local/games/ufoai/ufoai_2.2/base/maps/corrupt04.map'
...bsp: '/usr/local/games/ufoai/ufoai_2.2/base/maps/corrupt04.bsp'
entering /usr/local/games/ufoai/ufoai_2.2/base/maps/corrupt04.map
      LEVEL % 10...20...30...40...50...60...70...80...90... (time:    3s, count: 258)
  UNITCHECK % 10...20...30...40...50...60...70...80...90... (time:    0s, count: 524288)
  CONNCHECK % 10...20...30...40...50...60...70...80...90... (time:    0s, count: 524288)
Writing /usr/local/games/ufoai/ufoai_2.2/base/maps/corrupt04.bsp
    4 seconds elapsed
----- Radiosity ----
 FACELIGHTS % 10...20...30...40...50...60...70...80...90...make[1]: *** [corrupt04.bsp] Naruszenie ochrony pamięci
make[1]: *** Kasuję plik `corrupt04.bsp' (says that is erasing this file)
make[1]: Opuszczenie katalogu `/usr/local/games/ufoai/ufoai_2.2/base/maps' (says that is leaving the folder)
make: *** [maps] Błąd 2 (says "error 2")

Can You please tell what does it mean?
How to fix this problem?
How to start the map compilation again from this point not from the beginning?

abrax:
There is one more thing... The game starts nicely, everything is working fine, but it doesn't enter the battlefield... Again...

Is this due to the maps compiling process?

I've got another idea that the graphic card drivers are making problems with entering 3d graphic card mode... How is the UFO:AI constructed is it completely rendered with 3d acceleration or just the battlefield? I think that if there is something wrong with my graphics it may work fine till the 3d acceleration mode is needed... This would explain why I was having the same problem once before... (I use the graphic card driver suggested by the system, not the newest graphic card driver, TUX RACER runs smoothly, chromium, and other games as well, The graphic card is ATI RADEON 9200SE 64MB ram -> Yes i know that i could make a better choice but then I was meaning Windoze XP...

How do You think?

Mattn:
just run make maps again - it will continue where it stopped before

the "not-entering-battlefield" might be related with not all maps compiled properly - yes.

abrax:
Thank You,

I really don't know why the last error occured...  Just after getting home from work I've set my computer to make maps again and it nicely rendered the last map... So now it is still rendering...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version