project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: If UFO AI was a TCG...  (Read 2774 times)

Ildamos

If UFO AI was a TCG...
« on: May 19, 2009, 11:51:58 am »
I'm a the office and I'm bored.

I made this one up:

"The Ortnok managed to corner five shoppers, herding them into the minimart's frozen goods section. Its power armor whined and gibbered, actuators reacting to the subtlest movement of its genetically-engineered 8-foot frame. Bedecked as it was with high-tech alien weaponry and armor, its primitive brain was confused. These were non-combatants."

Here's something from a year ago:

"Rifleman Wilkes fired shot after shot of uranium-depleted rounds as the South African village started to disintegrate under a sizzling hail of energy bolts from the UFO. Things were starting to pour out of the ship, carrying particle-based weaponry. F###, Wilkes thought, the UN wasn't prepared for this! F###, no one is! A hut exploded on his right, as blue death once again spat from the hulk's laser batteries..."

odie

Re: If UFO AI was a TCG...
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 04:17:07 am »
I'm a the office and I'm bored.

I made this one up:

"The Ortnok managed to corner five shoppers, herding them into the minimart's frozen goods section. Its power armor whined and gibbered, actuators reacting to the subtlest movement of its genetically-engineered 8-foot frame. Bedecked as it was with high-tech alien weaponry and armor, its primitive brain was confused. These were non-combatants."

Here's something from a year ago:

"Rifleman Wilkes fired shot after shot of uranium-depleted rounds as the South African village started to disintegrate under a sizzling hail of energy bolts from the UFO. Things were starting to pour out of the ship, carrying particle-based weaponry. F###, Wilkes thought, the UN wasn't prepared for this! F###, no one is! A hut exploded on his right, as blue death once again spat from the hulk's laser batteries..."

O.o

o.O

O.O

Wow! U sure r bored in office! Lol. But for a moment, not bad.

Okie, here's offtopic which i will post separately there.

But since u r here, i believed u heard me talk about notrium and how they came up with the story.

I FOUND IT again!

Here's the consolidated story (mind u, it was chapter 1 first, then a few person wrote chapter 2 and best one selected, then moving on to chapter 3 until the full story evolved! OMG.)

Story of Notrium (The Novel)

Ildamos

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 04:22:29 am »
Nah, I used to play Magic: The Gathering and the cards had flavor text, which I very much liked.  ;D

Thanks for the heads up; I'll read this soon as I have the time.

odie

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 09:27:33 am »
Nah, I used to play Magic: The Gathering and the cards had flavor text, which I very much liked.  ;D

Thanks for the heads up; I'll read this soon as I have the time.

Oooooo, haha. I was also a MTG player, just online not the hardcore expensive card versions. :P

Back to topic, yupz, maybe read tat and see if u r as impressed as i was.

The thread i posted, was the consolidated final version. I wont bother us with the submissions thread (i dun even rmbr where tat lengthy one was.... lol).

Ildamos

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 01:57:24 pm »
Continuation of my Ortnok flavor text (I still have to read the Ortnok entry again though):

"Ortnoks were the least intelligent of the various castes of the alien alliance and this one was no exception. It consulted  the holo-ring that was streaming glowing instructions before it. "Gorr... va... sha...," it spoke the word syllable by syllable, its fist-sized brain trying hard to assimilate all the instructions from its Taman masters.

Kill.

It raised the plasma rifle it was carrying. The women started screaming..."