project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Refueling  (Read 3387 times)

Aaangel

Refueling
« on: May 14, 2009, 09:13:24 pm »
Hello again guys.

I looked at this game some years ago, and suddenly remembered it. Glad to see you've come to so far, however there is always a but ;-)

An issue keeps arising, it's in regards to refueling. I have a standard drop ship with to additional fuel pods, now it holds some about 600+ in fuel. Now refueling this bird takes and I'm not kidding about 3 days (game time), this makes it really dificult to engage in all the missions I'm getting. My solution is so far to use 2 dropships, so I can use the second while the first one is refueling.

3 days ... I seems to recall a refueling of a 747 is about 20 min. Should it really take that long ? if so I really think you need to rethink the aspect, I would only think it reasonable that they in 2089 would be able to refuel even faster.

Regards,
Aaangel

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Refueling
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 04:16:28 pm »
You must play 2.2.1 as in the trunk (2.3-dev) it's much faster.

-geever

Aaangel

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 05:52:22 pm »
How do I locate the version number of my version ?

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 06:12:44 pm »
It should be printed on the main menu screen.

odie

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 06:45:26 pm »
Hello again guys.

I looked at this game some years ago, and suddenly remembered it. Glad to see you've come to so far, however there is always a but ;-)

An issue keeps arising, it's in regards to refueling. I have a standard drop ship with to additional fuel pods, now it holds some about 600+ in fuel. Now refueling this bird takes and I'm not kidding about 3 days (game time), this makes it really dificult to engage in all the missions I'm getting. My solution is so far to use 2 dropships, so I can use the second while the first one is refueling.

3 days ... I seems to recall a refueling of a 747 is about 20 min. Should it really take that long ? if so I really think you need to rethink the aspect, I would only think it reasonable that they in 2089 would be able to refuel even faster.

Regards,
Aaangel

Yupz Aaangel,

What version are u playing?!!
U must be playing a rather old version!!! Hahaha..... dun worry.

Try downloading one of the current development versions.... it wont take u days to reach those Badd-ass-aliens.... and like u say, 747 probably can do better......

Aaangel

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2009, 09:01:33 pm »
Code: [Select]
UFO: Alien invasion 2.2.1 x86 Apr 28 2008 Win32 RELEASE
But as mentioned in parallel thread I'll try to dl a newer version.