project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: studing ufo parts  (Read 8582 times)

Offline firebird76

• Rookie
    • View Profile
studing ufo parts
« on: September 25, 2009, 01:48:14 pm »
hi i was wandering to study ufo parts like astro navegation and particle cannon u need a ufo hangar or what is the ufo hanger used for???

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: studing ufo parts
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 02:57:20 pm »
To research and/or disassemble UFOs you need:
* small or large UFO Hangars in 2.2.1 and early 2.3-dev
* off-base UFO Yards in current 2.3-dev

By disassembling you can get astro' and particle beam weapons and some other stuff.

-geever

Offline firebird76

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 07:35:19 pm »
and the ufo hangers need to be in same base of transport or can be in diferent bases and u tranfer there the stuff ??

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2009, 09:22:07 pm »
and the ufo hangers need to be in same base of transport or can be in diferent bases and u tranfer there the stuff ??

You can transfer between (in-base) UFO Hangars. To research/disassemble you need to have the ufo in the same base your labs/workshops (with employee) are.

-geever

Offline firebird76

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2009, 09:18:49 am »
but in my main base doesnt have a ufo hanger only my second base it has 2 ufo large hangers and 1 small can i transfer item between them or will i miss someting, and wont be able to resarch or deassemble??

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2009, 10:27:47 am »
but in my main base doesnt have a ufo hanger only my second base it has 2 ufo large hangers and 1 small can i transfer item between them or will i miss someting, and wont be able to resarch or deassemble??

You can transfer between them.

-geever

Offline firebird76

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2009, 01:18:50 pm »
i got my second base with ufo hagers 2 larges and 1 small and laboratory and workshops with people in it andi got a astronavigation and  alien propolsion. My question how do i do now to research it i try to deassemble it and noting shows up and in reaserch is graed saying i dont got all the stuff i need. do i need to have a squad with a firebird to go get the ufo to the crash site and bring it to my second base???

Offline shevegen

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2009, 08:35:15 pm »
He seems to put out questions non-stop ;)

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2009, 08:42:21 pm »
i got my second base with ufo hagers 2 larges and 1 small and laboratory and workshops with people in it andi got a astronavigation and  alien propolsion. My question how do i do now to research it i try to deassemble it and noting shows up and in reaserch is graed saying i dont got all the stuff i need. do i need to have a squad with a firebird to go get the ufo to the crash site and bring it to my second base???

alien propulsion depends on alien materials IIRC...

-geever

Offline firebird76

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2009, 08:52:33 am »
well just so that sheevagreen is not mistaken here is another question ;)
i got all the stuff i said in my second base the workers the labs and the equipment and materials i got from harvesters plus astro navigation, engines and particle beam what i dont got yet is live aliens in my main base, starting to work on this now is that why i cant research a lot of stuff i got atm no??

I would like to say this game is very well made and i know its in development stage but i must say its a promessing game and a true successor to ufo 1 and i hope to see it all up and running in the finished stage because it will be a very welcome game :)

Keep up the good work :)

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2009, 10:30:22 am »
well just so that sheevagreen is not mistaken here is another question ;)
i got all the stuff i said in my second base the workers the labs and the equipment and materials i got from harvesters plus astro navigation, engines and particle beam what i dont got yet is live aliens in my main base, starting to work on this now is that why i cant research a lot of stuff i got atm no??

I don't know (It's getting complicated ;) ). If you upload your savegame, I will check it in the evening.

-geever

Offline firebird76

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2009, 11:35:26 am »
well ill save u the trouble greever, i captured a live alien and i can now research astro navigation, and particle cannon so less work for u...
Btw thanks for the helpful and fast help on forum i appreciate it and keep up improving the game that is very good already, cant wait for final release :)

Offline criusmac

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2009, 12:41:42 pm »
Final Release? What's that?

Seriously though, I have never seen a Final Release on an open source game before... Even if all the developers die unexpectedly or something.

Offline firebird76

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2009, 02:52:07 pm »
oh well i dont know this kind of procedures so i tough it would eventually have a stable  final release but if its a very nice game so far, if the developers continue it wold be even better game...