Technical support > Linux

Have I installed the game right?

<< < (2/2)

MaHaRAjAAnGKasA:
Hi guys,

I think it is already solved.....currently my shell compiling the maps....I do not how long it would be for core 2 duo with 1gb of ram....how much it would take my hdd space.... ???
I tried to see again in the synaptic package manager and found like theora and xvid  ".dev or -dev"...
just install it....and then try another more installation....now compiling the maps.....hope for success...

Anyway, how to be tester guys?....

Thanx!

Destructavator:
Yes, the "dev" packages are the development packages.

As far as hdd space, if you have a reasonably modern computer (which it looks like you do), unless you're really packed you should have enough space, you'll just have to wait while the maps compile (which can take a few hours).

--- Quote ---Anyway, how to be tester guys?....
--- End quote ---

First, update your copy of the game often from SVN, usually with the command svn up in the shell.

If When you find bugs, please refer to the sticky for how to file a bug report.

You can also discuss various aspects of the game here on the forum (what you do and don't like, what features you would like to see, etc.) although if you do post in this forum please use the search first to see if it has already been discussed.

P.S. - Seeing you're new here, just FYI Mattn is the top, lead developer here, although several of the other primary developers also post in this forum (BTAxis, and a number of others).  You would also talk to these people if you want to contribute content (artwork, making maps, adding 3D models, etc.).

voteslave:

--- Quote from: MaHaRAjAAnGKasA on May 02, 2009, 08:01:31 am ---
I tried to see again in the synaptic package manager and found like theora and xvid  ".dev or -dev"...
just install it....and then try another more installation....now compiling the maps.....hope for success...

--- End quote ---

Hi

I am having very similar problems with Ubuntu Jaunty - i have looked in Synaptic but there are no DEV files for xvid or theora - do you know what repositories these are in?

many thanks

Destructavator:
The packages you want end in "dev" - I found on my copy of Linux that they were in the default repositories installed when I set up the Operating System.

In the package manager, search for "xvid" and "theora," and look for the packages that start with "xvid" and "theora" but end with "dev" somewhere in the name.  (The names will also have numbers thrown in, in various places, which relate to the version.)

BTW, search for the Xvid and Theora packages individually, don't type them both into the search box at the same time.

voteslave:
thanks Destructavator

that sorted it

i was not searching but scrolling down - but the files were like libXVID which is why i missed them
:(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version