project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Version 24056 has strangely dark map elements  (Read 2504 times)

hexpickle

Version 24056 has strangely dark map elements
« on: April 16, 2009, 07:30:45 pm »
Just been playing 2.2.1 for a few days, which is great btw, and thought I'd try out the version in SVN. I compiled the game in code blocks and then built the maps, and it all works fine until I get to a tactical mission and the players and the dropship have gone black like you can see in this screenshot. Is this a known bug?

odie

Re: Version 24056 has strangely dark map elements
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 08:33:43 pm »
Just been playing 2.2.1 for a few days, which is great btw, and thought I'd try out the version in SVN. I compiled the game in code blocks and then built the maps, and it all works fine until I get to a tactical mission and the players and the dropship have gone black like you can see in this screenshot. Is this a known bug?

Hi,

I tried out R24056 and everything looks ok. *See screenshot*

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 09:04:16 pm »
try to deactivate the glsl shaders - what is your gfx card?

hexpickle

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 01:07:56 am »
try to deactivate the glsl shaders - what is your gfx card?

Deactivating the glsl shaders brings things back into the light, so it's playable again, but now anything that was black looks like it glows in the dark...

Losing the shaders also upped the frame rate dramatically. Thanks for that tip Mattn!

My gfx card is an nVidia Quadro FX 540. I've just done a search for glsl support on this hardware and nVidia says that an NV43GL based card just won't cut it. Damn :(

I wonder if there's a way to ask OpenGL if the hardware supports this feature so shaders could be disabled and the option to use them greyed out in the video options menu if the support isn't there?

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2009, 07:19:43 am »
that's what we are doing, your hardware supports shaders, it just isn't very fast with them ;)