project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Do the IR goggles work?  (Read 2853 times)

Offline slothlord

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Do the IR goggles work?
« on: June 05, 2009, 09:22:43 am »
i was wondering if they work and if so, how to use them.  By the way whats the "extension" slot next to head gear slot in the equipment screen?  I cant seem to put anything in it.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Do the IR goggles work?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 01:36:09 pm »
They're not implemented yet.

-geever

odie

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 08:00:57 am »
Eloz slothlord,

The goggles are not in fuction yet. There was idea of how this can help soldiers see 'thru' walls, seeing some heat signatures or stuff...... This is not an implemented feature yet though.

Plus, ur query on the extension? Maybe something cyber in future? lol. :P And yes, nothing for u to put in that extension slot yet. Yupz.

Offline homunculus

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 01:16:31 am »
They're not implemented yet.

-geever
i remember using ir goggles, i think it was in 2.2.1, and also in some 2.2.3 dev version.

i put them in the hand slot and used scan, and then clicked in the direction where i wanted to see through walls, more or less like a weapon.

actually i think the game became much less interesting that way, as the unknown was removed from behind the corner.
on the other hand, checking all houses and rooms can be tedious.

i would prefer some general value that would indicate which direction to look for aliens, maybe some radiation counter that wouldn't show any image at all, just cold--warm style thing.
and ufo defense style motion scanner which is more or less the way they had it in the "alien" movie is nice cliche imho.