Technical support > Linux

Cant start UFO:AI

<< < (3/6) > >>

Valis:
I do not think it is necessary.

MipSpec109:
i did everything until the compile when i got a "configure: error: You must have libcurl!!!"

geever:
Okay. it's 2 different things:
* run the game
* compile the game from source

Valis showed you that page because there are packages mentioned which are needed for the game. For just playing you don't need to compile. However if you wanna try 2.3-dev I suggest you to compile the source as it's more recent (and even dev-packages can be as buggy as the current version).

About the error message you got you need libcurl3-dev package (it is on the list).

-geever

MipSpec109:
Wait geever, im not following you there. I thought that link contained all the information i needed to play. So what you're saying is i just need to play attention to the "Running" section of that link? When i use the ./ufo command, it says there is no such file/directory.

Valis:
You are lost again.

Yes, sorry for not being clear, but I posted the link so you see only what components you have to install to your system to run the game.

You are back now were you started. First you have to go into the directory of the game. The 'cd' command does that [so you type 'cd ufoai'] Then you type the run command with for every program looks different, in our case it is 'ufo'. The './' means that you want to run the script from the current directory. You can check if the directory that you are in right now [the current directory] has the file you want to run by using the 'ls' command. You could also run the game probably by using the './ufoai/ufo' command just after starting your console.

Your problem now is that you do not have all the system [non game] components installed. Think of it like that: under windows it would throw you an error that you do not have drivers to your graphics card installed or something equal.

The link in the wiki says what packages you need to install to compile and also to run the game. How you do it is beyond me as I use openSuse and have no experience with Debian/Ubuntu. I only know that in your system is also easy to install new features and someone here can help you if they stumble on this thread. The wiki actually gives you the exact command that you have to run to install all necessarily components. [ 'Prerequisites' part]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version