project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: W.I.P. Potential new soldier models (Blender)  (Read 31948 times)

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: W.I.P. Potential new soldier models (Blender)
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2009, 12:42:01 am »
I'm not questioning your dedication, if that's what you think. But I've been in this project for years, and I know how it goes. Things happen. You might be needed elsewhere in life due to unforeseen circumstances, that sort of thing. I'm trying to err on the safe side, is all.

Offline vedrit

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2009, 12:49:57 am »
I understand, but its not like I'll never have any amount of spare time in which I could work on animations.
As someone in my position, its a good idea to never leave anything unfinished or poorly done, becuase it could be used to get a fancy, shiney job.
 Incase anyone didnt know, the 3D arts (Games, movies, w/e) is really quite competitive. Everything you do can either help or ruin your cereer

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 22, 2009, 12:56:04 am »
Well, if you can follow through with all this then you're probably the best thing to happen to the project in ages, and all my objections are void. Just, you know, trying to keep it real. Keeping it real is pretty important in a project such as this.

Offline vedrit

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 22, 2009, 01:04:39 am »
And heres the cool thing: I only need to make one set of animated bones for all the humanoid characters, tweak it a little, and there we go. Anything else, yes, will require a new set, but for the most part, one set will take care of a lot of work. So once an animation list is done, I can set to work

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 22, 2009, 01:14:01 am »
In that case I'm going to leave you to go about your business. As for non-standard animations, I can think of: the alien hoverbot, the Breeder, the Bloodspider (has animations, but maybe needs additional/redone ones?), the alien heavy weapons platform we want to add (no firm design there at all yet, though, just some raw ideas), the UGVs, the jumpsuit (flying animations that aren't needed for any other humanoid model) and possibly a death animation for the alien wormhole device.

This is offtopic, though. Will paste this to the animation thread.

Offline bayo

• Professional loser
  • Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 22, 2009, 11:43:22 am »
I read some things about IK solver for blender, dont know if its helpful
http://www.katsbits.com/htm/tutorials/blender_ik_set_up.htm
At worst it show we can do interesting things with Blender skeleton.