project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: How To Hire More Soldiers?  (Read 9484 times)

Offline Captain Bipto

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: How To Hire More Soldiers?
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2009, 10:46:58 pm »
Hmm Vasquez.

I read somewhere that the soldiers are eventually going to have their nation's flag appear on the hiring screen (and i guess other personnel screens). Does that mean that if a nation signs a pact with the aliens (IIRC this will be in the game?) you'll lose access to those soldiers? Also if PHALANX has a very good relationship with a nation, would that nation provide more manpower?

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2009, 11:08:21 pm »
I must admit I'm not quite sure about that one, but I believe so.

Offline Duke

• Administrator
  • PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2009, 01:38:11 am »
... if a nation signs a pact with the aliens (IIRC this will be in the game?) you'll lose access to those soldiers?
A very good point.
It should be rather easy to implement 'no more hiring of soldiers from unhappy countries'.

But what will happen to *hired* soldiers from a nation that turned 'unhappy' ??
a) they simply leave
b) they stay
c) they even turn against us in battlescape ?

I guess the latter would be *very hard* to implement, but at the same time, it also sounds *very interesting* ;)

Offline Captain Bipto

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2009, 07:45:14 am »
Creepy idea Duke. Is alien infiltration of PHALANX going to be part of the story as well? Or just XVI infection of the general population only? I mean, during play I think there are plans to have alien xvi injectors so I guess they can turn guys during the mission right? But how about before then?

Personally, while that would be cool I think that PHALANX would probably have safeguards to stop that?

Offline shevegen

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2009, 09:50:24 pm »
Could definitely be interesting, but if i may add something I'd like to have that thing rather simple... reallife people can already be so complicated, imagine each a french german american and chinese soldier fighting against aliens and expecting different commands and strategies...

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2009, 09:56:03 pm »
Yeah, changes of soldier loyalty isn't modeled in this game. Once you hire them they're loyal to you, and will stay that way.

Surrealistik

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2009, 08:26:44 pm »
Creepy idea Duke. Is alien infiltration of PHALANX going to be part of the story as well? Or just XVI infection of the general population only? I mean, during play I think there are plans to have alien xvi injectors so I guess they can turn guys during the mission right? But how about before then?

Personally, while that would be cool I think that PHALANX would probably have safeguards to stop that?

It already is. At least one prominent scientist in PHALANX is canonically infected with XVI. As for being an actual part of the game mechanics in any form, only Axis can definitively answer that one, but I would surmise not.

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2009, 09:16:13 pm »
The scientist doesn't actually kill anyone though. But that's right.

odie

« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2009, 05:06:19 am »
A very good point.
It should be rather easy to implement 'no more hiring of soldiers from unhappy countries'.

But what will happen to *hired* soldiers from a nation that turned 'unhappy' ??
a) they simply leave
b) they stay
c) they even turn against us in battlescape ?

I guess the latter would be *very hard* to implement, but at the same time, it also sounds *very interesting* ;)

Actually, i thnk tat once u have a soldier, it should stay YOUR soldier, unless u fire him.....
Do no modulate the loyalty for that reason please.

But the earlier point on once a country being unhappy - its good. Once they are unhappy, they stop supplying manpower - soldiers, scientists and workers and pilots. :D

Yeah, changes of soldier loyalty isn't modeled in this game. Once you hire them they're loyal to you, and will stay that way.
Ah, yes, this is wat i meant...... dun modulate loyalty.

sureideas

« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2009, 10:23:04 am »
Wow.  I've said for years how I've only wished I could play X-Com again.  This is awesome!!

I just started playing tonight, and have a total newb question.  How do you hire new/different soldiers?  Say I get my entire team killed (That's the only thing I'm good at so far).  How do I replenish my ranks?

This is a kickass freeware game!  I think you guys should go full-on with it, finish it up, and charge for it.  I'd definitely pay money for a completed rehash of X-Com!

You may have run them out. I also agree with you about the  payment offer. I would also be ready to pay for it if I get a value for my money. There is plenty of excitement and entertainment here..