project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: UFO:AI running a bit slow??  (Read 2626 times)

MichaelB

UFO:AI running a bit slow??
« on: February 27, 2009, 02:47:57 pm »
I got it set up eventually but the mouse pointer is a bit jumpy and the scrolling when on a mission is not too hot either.

I'm running on a 32 bit 2GHz Core 2 Duo with 2 GB RAM, it's well above the system requirements so I think maybe that my graphics card isn't set up properly. It's a NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GT. Does anyone know of any checks I can do to ensure it's been properly set up?

Cheers.

Online geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: UFO:AI running a bit slow??
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 03:19:53 pm »
You've writen in your other topic.

GL_VENDOR: Mesa Project
GL_RENDERER: Software Rasterizer
GL_VERSION: 2.1 Mesa 7.2

-geever

MichaelB

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 08:46:08 pm »
Sorry for being a noob but do I have to change those values to the NVIDIA parameters? Which do I swop for which and how do I do it??
Thanks.

Offline Lew Yard

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009, 01:58:16 am »
That might just possibly depend upon what distribution you're using, which you don't seem to have specified.

If you're using gentoo, for instance, you'd want to emerge an appropriate version of the nvidia-drivers, as well as making sure that your kernel is properly set up, that your xorg.conf is suitably modified, and that you eselect the nvidia-drivers package.  A search for 'gentoo nvidia' turns up a proper guide as the very first hit on Google.

If you're using another distribution, the answer will be entirely different.  No matter what it is, there is probably a distribution-specific HOWTO on it.  For many if not most distributions, the process will probably be simpler than that for Gentoo.

MichaelB

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2009, 12:09:20 pm »
You're a genius!! Now it is the way it's meant to be played.
I'm off to nail some little green men.