project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Snipers, and some questions  (Read 10237 times)

BigFan

Re: Snipers, and some questions
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2009, 08:34:04 pm »
Sorry to say i havent tried the flamethrower as of yet.. still running my 1st time through on this new version..

not sure how it will go in clearing a big ship, ive yet to see anything bigger than a harvester.. and a crashed one at that (i have trouble not destroying them) but i quite enjoyed the Halo inspired plasma pistol, i could pump out a fair amount of shots with it, but again.. not sure how that will go on a more heavily armoured alien

Offline Captain Bipto

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2009, 08:36:33 pm »
Yeah I like flamethrowers for certain things such as building clearing. I always have at least one coilgun sniper for hard hitting. I used to shy away from sniper weapons until the coilgun came out in dev, but the thought of an all coilgun team is laughable (which means the devs did a good job) but possible...it would just be a sloooow game.

odie

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2009, 11:23:59 am »
I just do not know how do you guys take on cleaning the big ships without assault or heavy guns.

Snipers take up to half of my teams weapons sometimes as they are reliable with their long range but to manoeuvre in short, curvy corridors you have to have a rapid fire gun. You take then something with smaller range but bigger fire power. For taking ships also one flame-thrower is nice.

Hehe, u will be glad to hear of my secondary weapons in this case - submachine guns. :P I have pretty much (almost) everyone having a stun rod for close combat trophy bring home. :P

Surrealistik

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2009, 07:04:04 am »
The moment I get coilguns and sufficient ammo for them, I use an all sniper team, with grenade launcher secondaries loaded with plasma rounds, medikits and plasma blades. At present this is easily the optimal loadout.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 07:07:54 am by Surrealistik »

Baal

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2009, 06:44:07 pm »
Hello people, 1st post  ;)

I don't use 8 sniper team. Ok they are sharp and deadly, but ennemis usually hide. I use smg, GL (very usefull ! But need chemical/smoke/flashbang grenades), flamethrower.
First i used to rush in combat. But i discovered it's the wrong way to play. You need your soldiers to survive. 1 hide them, 2 find a way to hit the aliens. And since they are hinding, you need to approach them or take the by surprise.
So there is my usual team :
1 flamethrower
3 soldiers with smg or other auto weapons
2 snipers
2 heavy/explosive (GL)
Everybody with hand grenades. Those with enought place, medikits

Offline Borsti67

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2009, 05:45:45 pm »
Hi Baal,
1 hide them, 2 find a way to hit the aliens.
Since you need to protect civilians, I don't think you can hide and wait without finally losing the game...

Baal

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2009, 11:10:57 pm »
Of course, i'm just talking about hiding the soldiers at the very beginning of the game. When they appear all around the ship and have aliens in sight. My first idea was to shot immediatly. But in very difficult it's a very bad idea ! When all your soldiers are dead, nobody left to save civilians ;)

Offline Captain Bipto

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2009, 01:38:09 am »
When I have 2 coilguns (i have just stopped using the bolter at this point) I always try to peg at least two aliens I can see. I tried that with bolters and well...i would have done more damage throwing my TUs at the guy.