project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: bug in rc4 with research  (Read 2730 times)

tnt

bug in rc4 with research
« on: September 30, 2006, 08:06:45 pm »
Plasma showed able to be currently researched.  Assigned 2 scientists to research but came back after a couple days game time and it showed unresearchable, but scientist were missing and could not assign to another project.  

Guess they screwed up real bad and blew something up.

ubequitz

bug in rc4 with research
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2006, 09:12:26 pm »
This looks like: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1558781&group_id=157793&atid=805242

I don't think I've ever seen it myself. If anyone spots it in RC5 or SVN versions please update that bug report or post here.

Offline Valis

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: bug in rc4 with research
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 02:51:24 pm »
It seems that the bug mentioned above could come back. I do not have a SF account so someone please add a bug report for me.

I am unable to assign new scientists in my primary base. I have 3 laboratories and hired 30 scientists. When I am assigning scientists to a new research I can only assign 7 of them. In the status bar it shows me that Space available/used is 23/30 when no research is assigned and goes to 30/30 when scientists are assigned.

I tried to unhire them and then hire again but it did not help.

I assume the problem is somewhere in the transfer functionality as it happened just after I build new laboratories and wanted to transfer some scientists to my new base. It looked like the transfered scientists were taken from the 'assigned' pool [I had more scientists that I had laboratories at that time] but they did not freed up the space in the laboratory [the laboratory is still occupied even when the scientist is no longer available]. I think the transfered scientists did not reach their desired destination.

Actually I made two transfers, the second one before the first has arrived the destination base. Could that be the problem?

Version: 2.2.1 [packman repository]

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 02:58:11 pm »
Please don't add bugs for version 2.2.1.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 07:54:57 pm »
It's even a fixed problem....

-geever

Offline Valis

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2009, 07:38:01 pm »
o.0? I would think that only an official released version can be subdued to bugtracking. A developers version can and will have bugs, especially when you do overnight builds and such, you can not be sure if you are talking about the same code base.

At least it is how we do it in our firm :>

Good to hear that it is fixed already [not in my game, soo many hours lost :/]. I will have to work on my compiler so I can get the newest trunk.