project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Aircraft Weapon / Ammo Bug  (Read 2680 times)

Offline Coconut Jonlan

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Aircraft Weapon / Ammo Bug
« on: February 18, 2009, 05:14:24 am »

Just noticed that if you equip a craft with weapons but forget to buy ammo - the weapons will not be re-armed if you subsequently buy ammo at a later date- you need to de-equip - then re-equip the weapons in order to arm the weapons and make the craft active.

version 2.2.1 windows

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Aircraft Weapon / Ammo Bug
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 10:32:23 am »
I don't think it's a bug. As you can have several types of ammo for a weapon (like Shiva). How should it determine which one should be equipped? I think it's good as it is.

-geever

Offline Coconut Jonlan

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 01:40:19 pm »
I don't think it's a bug. As you can have several types of ammo for a weapon (like Shiva). How should it determine which one should be equipped? I think it's good as it is.

-geever

the weapons I have equipped only use 1 type of ammo so iy almost crtainly is a bug - not a major one tho

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 01:47:55 pm »
Having to remove a weapon just to arm it is certainly not a good thing, as this takes time.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 07:45:15 pm »
You don't have to remove it but select the (equipped) weapon and add an ammo for it. He complains it's not automatically added.

-geever

Offline Coconut Jonlan

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 05:33:13 am »
You don't have to remove it but select the (equipped) weapon and add an ammo for it. He complains it's not automatically added.

-geever

You're right geever  -never realised I could do that - still you would expect your craft to be automatically rearmed as soon as there is ammo in the stores no?

Like I said - it's not a major bug, and knowing it's there means I can avoid it in future - and oddly enough I seem to recall original xcom doing something similar