project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Question on MP games  (Read 2797 times)

CapnKill

Question on MP games
« on: February 17, 2009, 08:48:33 pm »
Is there a way for the characters that you use in MP games to gain experience?  Me and a friend will be playing this often and was wondering if we were basically stuck with the same characters... it would be cool if kills and such were kept track of and experience was updated accordingly even in MP games... I understand though that such a feature would be more of a bell and whistle type of thing, so I won't hold my breath for it :)

With that said though, is there a way to edit characters or to alter the equipment options for MP games or what we get is what we get...?

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
Re: Question on MP games
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 10:22:56 pm »
we have a lot of plans for multiplayer teams and equipment. point based equipment system, actors that gain experience, server side teams and so on. it's just that this all will take some time. the focus is currently a little bit different. but patches are welcome ;)

Offline vedrit

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 10:33:54 pm »
I think it would be awsome to be able to play coop over internet. Sure, there would be some issues, but for the most part, I think it would go a long ways.
Is that already in the list of to-dos?

CapnKill

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 10:50:04 pm »
we have a lot of plans for multiplayer teams and equipment. point based equipment system, actors that gain experience, server side teams and so on. it's just that this all will take some time. the focus is currently a little bit different. but patches are welcome ;)

Trust me if I knew how to program I would be all over this :)  Maybe its about time I learned! 

Anyway, I like the plans you have, but I do understand that things will move slowly, so we'll just continue to enjoy the game as is.

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 06:01:54 pm »
I think it would be awsome to be able to play coop over internet. Sure, there would be some issues, but for the most part, I think it would go a long ways.
Is that already in the list of to-dos?

coop is already done (though it might be broken in current trunk - but it's playable in 2.2.1)

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 06:11:20 pm »
I think he means a coop campaign. We will NOT make one.