project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Hire employee crash to desktop svn 21880  (Read 3015 times)

Ram_Man

Hire employee crash to desktop svn 21880
« on: January 18, 2009, 01:02:11 pm »
Hi all,
I tried to log this on the sourceforge bug tracker, but it wouldn't let me. I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, I'm just trying to help.

1) Game version dev 2.3 Trunk svn 21880
2) Running Windows XP SP3

3) On starting a new game it automatically opens in windowed mode. I change this to full screen via the options menu and start a new campaign. I create a base which automatically takes me to the base interface. I click on hire employees and I get the crash to desktop with the following error:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Assertion failed!

Program: D:\UFO\TRUNK\ufo.exe
File: D:\UFO\Trunk\src\client\renderer\r_state.c
Line: 58

Expression: texnum > 0

This error does not occur in windowed (non full screen) mode.

4) console log attached

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kenner

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Hire employee crash to desktop svn 21880
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 01:46:03 pm »
3) On starting a new game it automatically opens in windowed mode. I change this to full screen via the options menu and start a new campaign. I create a base which automatically takes me to the base interface. I click on hire employees and I get the crash to desktop with the following error:

Assertion failed!

I reported the same problem a while ago. I see that it's still there. Because the game is in heavy development, you'll have to get used to playing in windowed mode for a while. I'm sure the developers will get to a fix when they can.

Ken

odie

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 10:04:12 am »
Hi all,
I tried to log this on the sourceforge bug tracker, but it wouldn't let me. I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, I'm just trying to help.

1) Game version dev 2.3 Trunk svn 21880
2) Running Windows XP SP3

Assertion failed!

4) console log attached

Hi Ram_man,

Being curious, i also run a Windows Home XP (And Pro XP too), all on SP3, patched as of 19th Jan 09.

I also run my game on BOTH windowed and Full-Screen modes.... both are fine.

Is it possible that your video mode is not correctly set? Try ensuring that your language is English (for this purpose), and ensure that your graphics card is 3D compatible... (which is duh, if not it will probably not run at all...).

And its its the renderer issue, can we have a screenshot of the dxdiag, / hardware specs?
Consider updating your graphics drivers if u got this graphics card >1 year ago.... GeForce and Intels' update their drivers pretty often.

Full screen mode may also be memory(Ram) related issue, how much RAM do u have too?

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 10:00:50 pm »
it would help if someone could give us a backtrace and some info about the image_t structure that is loaded there - it's not reproducible here, so we need your help with fixing it.

Ram_Man

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2009, 09:16:59 pm »
Thanks Mattn. If you let me know what information you require and how to get it, I'll do it straight away.
I have ensured I have the latest drivers installed for my Nvidia Gforce 7300 graphics card and my system is running with 2GB ram.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2009, 01:03:21 am »
Please read the wiki article about Debugging.
Especially gdb part.

-geever

Ram_Man

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2009, 09:31:27 pm »
Hi Mattn,
I have run what I think is the backtrace using gdb, and I have attached the output. Please let me know if there's anything else you need.

Edit: I have also noted that if I run the game passing the argument 'vid_fullscreen 1' I do not get an error. I only get this error after changing to fullscreen via the video options menu, and then try to access either the hire employees screen or production screen.

Hope this helps

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 09:41:28 pm by Ram_Man »

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2009, 10:21:16 pm »
yes - the models and textures are deleted on renderer restart and should be reloaded after that - this is not the case it seams. i will try to investigate this once i find the time. thanks for reporting and the backtrace

Offline bayo

• Professional loser
  • Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2009, 04:34:16 pm »