Technical support > Linux

Can't go on missions - 2.3 @ Ubuntu 8.10

(1/3) > >>

romanovzky:
That's "just" it.

Can't go either enter a mission or do skirmish, seems like a bug of some sort (I do hear a "ping" when I try to do a skirmish).

When trying skirmish:
- I press Start, then I hear a "ping" and return to main-menu automatic.

On campaign:
- I send my dropship to the mission zone, press "Enter" and nothing happens. The dropship just stands there...

This happens in my two laptops (Toshiba satellite, with 3d card and stuff and in the little-tiny-micro asus eeepc).

I'm running Ubuntu 8.10, I've downloaded from both repositories of Hardy and Interprid (via synaptic).

2.2.x worked just fine... (on both computers).

I can't tell you much more... if you need more info just ask, I'll help.

geever:
The deb packages are broken. These packages aren't maintained by us and I couldn't speak to the one who does. Even maintainer info in the packages are wrong :(.

In details:
The problem is that the deb packages installs game.so and data to /usr/share/games/ufoai but the game is looking for them in /usr/share/ufoai IIRC.

-geever

Valis:
Had the same problem yesterday on openSuse 11.1 and copying the game.so worked fine :) [downloaded from packman repositories]

The game runs better on Linux than on windows. Great work guys!

Polyamid:
I think i have the same Problem. I installed per Yast under Opensuse 11.1

The game start works an i can see the globalscape. The first mission came up and i used my landship to start the mission. After i arrived there i can click on "start mission" but the game opens the main menu !?
After that the landing ship is still in position but the mission has not started.

I tried to copy some data from /usr/share/games/ufoai to /usr/share/ufoai but it didn't work. Does anybody have an idea to fix it?

geever:
Also do it with /usr/lib/games/ufoai
however a symlink is enough..

-geever

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version