project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: UFO Battleship  (Read 12934 times)

Offline Winter

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Street of Eyes: The Writing of Ryan A. Span
Re: UFO Battleship
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2009, 12:16:39 pm »
Again winter this is just a non realistic conclusion.. look at the size of a modern aircraft carrier or the size of the missouri class battle ship ... at least 400 meters long... 50 meters deep 25 to 50 meters wide... I was just pointing out what REAL ships in that class are... what you want to do is your business... however i was pointing out the facts.. Thankyou.. and i know about the carrier ufo.. which leads me to this question

How are you going to design a map for the carrier UFO ... its apparently a very large ship.. and therefor unmappable by your standards

So . . . alien UFOs have to conform to human size standards? What kind of screwed-up reasoning is that? The Battleship is going to be the largest UFO that will realistically fit in one of the Carrier's hangar bays, and that's that.

Also, thanks for assuming we're such complete retards that we've not given a single thought to how to map the Carrier. We've CERTAINLY not decided on the solutions months ago. Nosirree.

Regards,
Winter

Offline TrashMan

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2009, 01:49:23 pm »
Again winter this is just a non realistic conclusion.. look at the size of a modern aircraft carrier or the size of the missouri class battle ship ... at least 400 meters long... 50 meters deep 25 to 50 meters wide... I was just pointing out what REAL ships in that class are... what you want to do is your business... however i was pointing out the facts.. Thankyou.. and i know about the carrier ufo.. which leads me to this question

An Iowa class battleship is 276 meters in length, not 400. Still pretty bg :P

Offline Darkpriest667

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2009, 07:14:39 pm »
enterprise CV is 360 meters..

And winter i didnt know about the alien carrier... it hadnt been mentioned in design before now..

you guys are smart.. I dont assume stupidity or anything.  I was just wondering

Offline Psawhn

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2009, 07:23:43 pm »
How about a slightly different approach: Battleship is a description of its role and firepower, not its size. :)

Offline DuKe2112

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2009, 11:10:59 pm »
Our battlehips are just that big out of pure necessity, our canons are big our amror is thick, they have only one side to mount things on and they need lots of space and supplies for the huge crew and the engines.

Offline Chriswriter90

• Squad Leader
  • Zilla Response Unit
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2009, 11:17:40 pm »
How about a slightly different approach: Battleship is a description of its role and firepower, not its size. :)
Yes, that'll work.

Offline TrashMan

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2009, 03:12:57 pm »
enterprise CV is 360 meters..

342. Yes, I nitpick.

Offline Josh

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2009, 10:07:50 pm »
I always love coming back here and watching what you're up to. Nice battleship.