project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: General crashes  (Read 3141 times)

rubbishfoo

General crashes
« on: December 18, 2008, 05:13:51 am »
Hey there.

I was wondering if anyone else was running into problems w/ general crashes in game & might know a way to make it more stable?

Im running Vista (yeah... i know) and have experienced several CTDs during gameplay.  Once was when I was about to fire on some baddies, another one that I can reproduce frequently is when Im in tactical and move a medkit to the right hand and attempt to use it.  Due to these problems, I haven't even been able to finish a mission due to the frequency of the CTDs.

I'm running the latest Nvidia drivers on my gfx card.  System is completely stable running anything else.

I am running the game in fullscreen via the config.cfg edit - vid mode is set to 1680x1050.

Any suggestions? 

Oh and thank you very much development team!  I can tell this game has a LOT of potential and can't wait for further updates!

=)

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
Re: General crashes
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 07:40:53 am »
hi

first of all - which version are using?

it would help if you could double-check for findings in current trunk versions (there are installers floating around in the board) - but be aware, that a) savegames doesn't work and b) it's not yet very stable as it is still under active development.

but at least it would help us to nail down whether the problems you encountered are already fixed.

rubbishfoo

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 07:49:42 am »
I am using version 2.2.1

When you say "current trunk versions"... Im guessing that you mean to compile the 2.3 code and then install?

or do you mean that I should update the Vista OS intstallers and use the 2.2.1 or later version?

Sorry... Im not super at open source terminology.

Long time computer user - just unfamiliar w/ the open source world & language.

Thanks for the reply!

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 12:10:38 pm »
Might want to read the sticky.

Online geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 02:20:34 pm »
The best is getting the source (svn) and compile it yourself but there is a sticky forum topic where you can find precompiled test packages too (however not the very latest).

-geever

rubbishfoo

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2008, 06:15:06 pm »
Ok.

I've got the source code - (using tortise) - installed nsis.

Went to the /src/ports/windows/installer.nsi file

Then I run into an error w/ the script:

Usage: File [/nonfatal] [/a] ([/r] [/x filespec [...]] filespec [...] |
   /oname=outfile one_file_only)
Error in script "D:\games\ufoai source\ufoai\src\ports\windows\installer.nsi" on line 90 -- aborting creation process

Any ideas?

I looked at line 90 and Im no coder or anything - but it seemed to be a line that directs the naming of the output file.

UPDATE:

Ummmm.... I can read the forums and found the answer.

Seems my biggest problem is not reading first.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 06:16:39 pm by rubbishfoo »