project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: The inability to save during combat ruined this game for me  (Read 3363 times)

Archer

The inability to save during combat ruined this game for me
« on: December 03, 2008, 01:59:06 pm »
I'm utterly disappointed by your attitude on this issue. Even though the need for a mid-mission save is clear as day, and that many people have posted countless plausable reasons for it, how can you turn a deaf ear and avoid including such a feature?

If you are not going to listen to people's sincere suggestions, why do you have a feedback thread in the first place?

If people want to make the game easier for themselves, why not let them be? You may be making the game, but it is up to the gamers to decide how to have fun. If you really cared about all the people supporting this game, there were plenty of ways you could implement such feature, ie. an option at the very beginning of a single-player game?

You don't care what people think at all. None of our opinions or wishes have any value to you. Soon some people will say you can take your game and play yourselves. Your arrogance will be the downfall of this great project.

Having said that, i'm sure you will soon lock this thread and maybe even delete my post and my membership.

Offline Kenner

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: The inability to save during combat ruined this game for me
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 02:13:03 pm »
I'm utterly disappointed by your attitude on this issue. Even though the need for a mid-mission save is clear as day, and that many people have posted countless plausable reasons for it, how can you turn a deaf ear and avoid including such a feature?

If you are not going to listen to people's sincere suggestions, why do you have a feedback thread in the first place?

If people want to make the game easier for themselves, why not let them be? You may be making the game, but it is up to the gamers to decide how to have fun. If you really cared about all the people supporting this game, there were plenty of ways you could implement such feature, ie. an option at the very beginning of a single-player game?

You don't care what people think at all. None of our opinions or wishes have any value to you. Soon some people will say you can take your game and play yourselves. Your arrogance will be the downfall of this great project.

Having said that, i'm sure you will soon lock this thread and maybe even delete my post and my membership.

From one gamer (who loves the game as is, and thinks an in-mission save would ruin it) to another gamer...go away.

Offline TrashMan

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 02:16:52 pm »
For the love of me I can't figure out how an OPTIONAL feature could ruin a game.
Call me crazy, but assuming you have option X in some game...you don't really have to use it. Don't most games have the ironman mode where you can't save?

Archer

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 02:32:43 pm »
@TrashMan, i second that. If one doesn't want to use it, he should simply be able to choose.

@Kenner, as a gamer, how can you take the dissing out of such an (optimal, and a very fundamental) feature? Why are you so content at being DICTATED how YOU have to enjoy your game-time? Even you may have a condition that would make use of such a user-friendly feature someday.

A mid-mission save: It's required not only for the reasons you can think of, but also for those you can't.

Offline Winter

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Street of Eyes: The Writing of Ryan A. Span
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 02:45:46 pm »
Thank you for your comment. There will be no in-mission saving. Thread locked.

Regards,
Winter