project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Multiplayer?  (Read 2652 times)

Offline Judge

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Multiplayer?
« on: May 17, 2008, 11:52:08 pm »
As of such i have been loving the Single player mode, but I'm currently finding the multiplayer....inactive. I'm no stranger to multiplayer games with small communities, but i'm wondering how active multiplayer is right now, and if so what times it would be best to check on there (I'm Pacific Time Zone)
Thank you for the help

Offline blondandy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Multiplayer?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 10:59:23 am »
I have not seen many MP games set up using IRC recently

the problem seems to be that most folk only wait 10 min (some only 30 seconds) for a response. use a different IRC client and set it to alert you when new in-game clients join.

if that fails, you could try using this forum to make an appointment for a game.

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 03:30:55 pm »
with 2.2.1 it's possible to connect to the lobby and play a singleplayer game - once a player types your name you get a popup with the message.

this way it should be easier to find mp games.

just connect and go playing a skirmish game or create the ultimate team for your multiplayer rounds while waiting - but stay connected.

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 03:43:30 pm »
New connects won't know that player is waiting for a game, though. We need a system so people can tell who's "up for a game". Maybe let the client connect to another channel without showing it?

JochoKilla

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 07:02:56 am »
Speaking of wich, im trying to play in multiplayer, but, i cant, i tried everything but.. i see the multiplayer list empty whitout a server