project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Let’s talk something about UFO!  (Read 3285 times)

rozer

Let’s talk something about UFO!
« on: November 18, 2008, 11:34:37 am »

Hello friends, can anyone tell me that what is exactly UFO and what are the stories related to them. I have got some information on them and knowing that would like to know more about them. I have even heard that they had abducted some of the citizens, I am not sure if this is true, but like to know more on this!

Offline Sarin

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Let’s talk something about UFO!
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 05:39:26 pm »
UFO stands for Unidentified Flying Object, but I trust you know this one. For most people, UFO=aliens. That is common mistake...when airport or military radar detects an object that is not responding, it is marked UFO. But it can be just an aircraft with malfunction, or an idiot who got hundred of helium-filled party baloons and tried to fly. So far, none of such observations were confirmed as extraterrestrial artificial object.
As for stories...google google google :) And perhaps someone here will link you to some....
And don't believe everything...lots of "abductions" were actually already explained by other means...a malfunction of one of brain's processes can cause people to have VERY realistic dreams, and they don't have to realize it was a dream. I heard about woman that thought she was abducted, but her family reported that all the time she was sleeping...

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 05:55:47 pm »
I told you, it's not a "mistake". It's the colloquial meaning of the word. That's how languages work. They evolve. Words change as people star using them for things they weren't originally meant for (case in point: the use of "laser" as a noun). Do you really think that when an unknown blip appears on a radar, peoplle will refer to it as a UFO? Or when they see something in the sky they can't make out, they call it a UFO? Because they don't. So yes, UFO implies aliens. That's just how it is.

Charles

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 01:50:15 pm »
Such topics do hold my attention too, paranormal happenings, weird incidents do interest me. I had heard some news too about the abductions that had taken place related with UFO. I am not sure if they are really true, but if you are interested in more information on this topic, check out http://www.ufo-sightings-evidence.com/ which has abduction reports that will help you to know more.