Technical support > Mac

2.3 dev version for mac question

<< < (11/11)

keybounce:
Yea, dang it.

Let me see if I can re-create what I did to fix that.
It was an issue with macports, and I thought I submitted the patch to them.

keybounce:
Ahh. Now I remember.

The libsdl port in MacPorts does not properly work when compiled universal.
It hard codes a single byteswap order, and it hardcodes the x86 order.

The fix was to delete the -- from memory here -- #DEFINE BYTEORDER line from libsdl.h, and then at run-time it tests and determines on its own what the order is.

See if you see that line, and if so, clobber it.
Meanwhile, I'll double check with the macports people.

keybounce:
As I reported to them:

--- Quote ---stbmac:trunk Michael$ port provides /opt/local/include/SDL/SDL_config.h
/opt/local/include/SDL/SDL_config.h is provided by: libsdl
stbmac:trunk Michael$ port installed libsdl
The following ports are currently installed:
 libsdl @1.2.13_6+universal
 libsdl @1.2.14_8+universal (active)
stbmac:trunk Michael$

I've got the right version installed and active? Right?

stbmac:trunk Michael$ egrep BYTE  /opt/local/include/SDL/SDL_config.h
#define SDL_BYTEORDER 1234

--- End quote ---
Remove that line from that file, and it should work.

EDIT: https://trac.macports.org/ticket/23674

dunadin777:
So with the previous advice I was finally able to compile the dmg file and copy it over to my applications folder. I was surprised to notice that the version listed was 2.4, since I thought I'd followed the instructions for downloading 2.3. In any case, when I open up the UFO:AI file as compiled, it opens up a red-tinted version of the load screen and freezes without loading anything. When I check my console log, it gives the following message:

--- Code: ---7/1/10 2:56:17 PM [0x0-0x442442].com.apple.systempreferences[98228] objc[98228]: Class O3Panel is implemented in both /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/Contrast.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/Contrast and /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/Geometry.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/Geometry. Using implementation from /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/Geometry.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/Geometry.
7/1/10 2:56:17 PM [0x0-0x442442].com.apple.systempreferences[98228] objc[98228]: Class O3Panel is implemented in both /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/Geometry.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/Geometry and /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/VPT.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/VPT. Using implementation from /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/VPT.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/VPT.
7/1/10 2:56:17 PM [0x0-0x442442].com.apple.systempreferences[98228] objc[98228]: Class O3Panel is implemented in both /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/VPT.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/VPT and /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/Bezel.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/Bezel. Using implementation from /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/Bezel.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/Bezel.
7/1/10 2:56:17 PM [0x0-0x442442].com.apple.systempreferences[98228] objc[98228]: Class O3Panel is implemented in both /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/Bezel.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/Bezel and /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/ExtendedTouchSwitch.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/ExtendedTouchSwitch. Using implementation from /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/ExtendedTouchSwitch.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/ExtendedTouchSwitch.
7/1/10 2:56:17 PM [0x0-0x442442].com.apple.systempreferences[98228] objc[98228]: Class O3Panel is implemented in both /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/ExtendedTouchSwitch.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/ExtendedTouchSwitch and /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/PowerMode.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/PowerMode. Using implementation from /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/PowerMode.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/PowerMode.
7/1/10 2:56:17 PM [0x0-0x442442].com.apple.systempreferences[98228] objc[98228]: Class O3Panel is implemented in both /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/PowerMode.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/PowerMode and /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/Authorization.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/Authorization. Using implementation from /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/Authorization.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/Authorization.
7/1/10 2:56:17 PM [0x0-0x442442].com.apple.systempreferences[98228] objc[98228]: Class O3Panel is implemented in both /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/Authorization.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/Authorization and /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/TVOptions.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/TVOptions. Using implementation from /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/TVOptions.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/TVOptions.
7/1/10 2:58:24 PM com.apple.launchd[189] ([0x0-0x43d43d].net.sourceforge.UFOAI[98206]) Exited: Killed
7/1/10 2:59:12 PM com.apple.launchd[189] ([0x0-0x446446].net.sourceforge.UFOAI[98236]) Exited: Killed
--- End code ---

Am I still missing that one special ingredient? The messages seem to be referring to my display settings, so is it possible that this is related to my 1440x900 monitor resolution? Or is this a problem related to running version 2.4 on a 10.5 PPC? Should I just resign myself to enjoying 2.2?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version