Technical support > Mac

2.3 dev version for mac question

<< < (5/11) > >>

doc.torr:
hmm... OK,

fink install gettext-dev ; which seemed to make 'make' happier, not giving as much grief about gettext.

also, for the the /usr/shared/SDL/   folder,

I Changed priveleges etc. and made aliases, put into temporary folder, changed names so identical to originals (i.e., remove " alias"), then put into /usr/shared. Far fewer errors during ./configure CPPFLAGS="-I/sw/include/" LDFLAGS="-L/sw/lib" phase; looks like was not looking in deeper folders from /shared/

but then I got NEW and EXCITING errors on 'make' from UFOAI/TRUNK/ ...

bash-3.2# make
 * [UFO] src/client/cl_actor.c
In file included from src/client/cl_actor.c:25:
src/client/client.h:229:21: error: libintl.h: No such file or directory
src/client/cl_actor.c: In function ‘CL_GetSkillString’:
src/client/cl_actor.c:165: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘gettext’
src/client/cl_actor.c:165: warning: return makes pointer from integer without a cast

and other such stuff/errors...

and just for fun after that...

bash-3.2# make macinstaller
make -f build/data.mk pk3
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `pk3'.
# Replacing existing compiled maps with downloaded precompiled maps,
# otherwise multiplayer won't work due to mismatching checksums
# FIXME: Use the maps from the current release at sourceforge.net
# The mapfile in the address below is not recent enough to be useful in trunk.
# Removed for trunk builds but should be added for branch builds with the
# correct 0maps.pk3 linked.
# cd base; wget -N http://mattn.ninex.info/download/0maps.pk3
cd src/ports/macosx/installer; make TARGET_CPU=i386
cp: ../../../../ufo2map: No such file or directory
cp: ../../../../ufoded: No such file or directory
cp: ../../../../ufo: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [copybinaries] Error 1
make: *** [macinstaller] Error 2
bash-3.2#

:-(

stevenjackson:
So it ./configure completing successfully or is it still getting errors?

libintl.h is a part of gettext.  If you can find that file (mine is in /usr/local/include) then you can point configure at it.
It might be worth installing gettext from source if you can.  Then it should install things in more standard directories like /usr/local/include

you can get the source from http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/
then just run
./configure
make
sudo make install

that worked fine for me.

I think i build most of the dependencies from source other that SDL so i might not be too much help with getting it via fink.

Steve

doc.torr:
So it ./configure completing successfully or is it still getting errors?

Seems now to be completing successfully now I done gone fiddled with the /sw/include/ or whatever. Wasn't so happy before that. Wish I knew how to ensure the FLAGS went to deeper levels in the /sw/usr/include/

libintl.h is a part of gettext.  If you can find that file (mine is in /usr/local/include) then you can point configure at it.
It might be worth installing gettext from source if you can.  Then it should install things in more standard directories like /usr/local/include

Yep, I got a 'libintl.h' in /sw/include/, amongst other locations for identically named files, mainly in folders named 'gettext' or 'gettext tools'.  Also within /usr/local/include/

How do I point configure at that?

What system you running, Steve?

Also, I was informed that I actually needed to have the gettext-dev package, not the gettext-0.17 package installed. (Lookin' atchoo, Mattn!)

you can get the source from http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/
then just run
./configure
make
sudo make install

that worked fine for me.

Er, so you ran that after 'cd gettext' ?

I put the newly downloaded gettext-0.17 folder in my 'user' directory and tried to re-install from there (after cd into gettext-0.17). ./configure'd OK, but make got me bunch o' hurt messages. Make check hurt similarly.

I think i build most of the dependencies from source other that SDL so i might not be too much help with getting it via fink.

So, you managed to compile the 2.3 dev version for Mac (universal or intel)? Could we have a copy??!

I'm on an intel macbook pro 10.5.5, with Darwin/BASH 3.2

stevenjackson:

I'm one of the main mac developers on the project.  Though my available time was reduced greatly by the birth of my son 3 months ago.

I'm using a imac 2.16 Ghz w/ 3G ram.

I can not only compile but do all my ufoai project development on my mac.
I can do a build for 2.3 dev, i just cant do them very often due to time constraints and only for intel, not universal.
I just need somewhere to upload them to.

to add alternate locations do: ./configure LDFLAGS='-L/sw/lib -L<other include directory>' CFLAGS='-I/sw/include -I<other include directory>'

Mattn isn't a mac user and was providing more general help.

I'll help as much as i can, unfortunatly its been a while since i set up my system to compile ufoai so i dont remember exactly the method i used.
But i should be able to help you get a working system that will compile ufoai.

Steve

Steve

Destructavator:

--- Quote ---I just need somewhere to upload them to.
--- End quote ---

I might be able to help with this part, my web hosting service allows other people to have accounts and FTP access to folders, although I've never set it up before, but I'm willing to find out more details.  My web hosting service also has unlimited bandwidth and storage space listed under my plan, last time I checked.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version