Technical support > Mac

2.3 dev version for mac question

<< < (4/11) > >>

doc.torr:
I've tried compiling for mac according to the current instructions (http://ufoai.ninex.info/wiki/index.php/Compile_for_Mac)

and have had about as much luck as Enchantedsord (above), even though I had installed SDL, SDL_mixer, SDL_ttf, X11 2.1.5, fink 3.1.1,

(I assume you're referring to the root directory in the instructions: "From each of those dmg installers, copy the ".framework" folder to /Library/Frameworks/")

When I try:

1. fink install svn-ssl svn-client sdl sdl-ttf gettext libjpeg libpng3
2. mkdir -p ufoai/trunk
3. cd ufoai/trunk
4. svn co https://ufoai.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/ufoai/ufoai/trunk .
5. ./configure CPPFLAGS="-I/sw/include/" LDFLAGS="-L/sw/lib"
6. make
7. make macinstaller

stages 1. to 4. inclusive chug away nicely (4. takes some time)
but 5. gives '-bash: ./configure: No such file or directory'

I note there is another /trunk higher up, so cd'd to ~/ufoai/trunk/trunk and 5. seems to work good
or at least things happen, and most 'checking' comes up '..yes',
but...(from line after 5.): note 'warnings' further down:

checking build system type... i686-apple-darwin9.5.0
checking host system type... i686-apple-darwin9.5.0
checking target system type... i686-apple-darwin9.5.0
checking system... Mac OS X
checking for sed... yes
checking for echo... yes
checking target OS... darwin
checking target CPU... i386
checking for gcc... gcc
(..edit)
checking jpeglib.h usability... yes
checking jpeglib.h presence... yes
checking for jpeglib.h... yes
checking for jpeg_CreateDecompress in -ljpeg... yes
checking libintl.h usability... yes
checking libintl.h presence... yes
checking for libintl.h... yes
checking for library containing gettext... -lintl
checking SDL.h usability... yes
checking SDL.h presence... no
configure: WARNING: SDL.h: accepted by the compiler, rejected by the preprocessor!
configure: WARNING: SDL.h: proceeding with the compiler's result
checking for SDL.h... yes
checking SDL_mixer.h usability... yes
checking SDL_mixer.h presence... no
configure: WARNING: SDL_mixer.h: accepted by the compiler, rejected by the preprocessor!
configure: WARNING: SDL_mixer.h: proceeding with the compiler's result
checking for SDL_mixer.h... yes
checking for library containing Mix_OpenAudio... none required
checking SDL_ttf.h usability... yes
checking SDL_ttf.h presence... no
configure: WARNING: SDL_ttf.h: accepted by the compiler, rejected by the preprocessor!
configure: WARNING: SDL_ttf.h: proceeding with the compiler's result
checking for SDL_ttf.h... yes
checking for library containing TTF_Init... none required
(..edit)

So, pushing on regardless, did 6. (make) from the /trunk/trunk directory, which got me a bunch o'
 * [UFO] src/client/cl_actor.c
In file included from src/client/cl_actor.c:25:
src/client/client.h:229:21: error: libintl.h: No such file or directory
src/client/cl_actor.c: In function ‘CL_GetSkillString’:
src/client/cl_actor.c:165: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘gettext’
src/client/cl_actor.c:165: warning: return makes pointer from integer without a cast
...edit
src/client/cl_actor.c:4032: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘SCR_DisplayHudMessage’ makes pointer from integer without a cast
src/client/cl_actor.c:4036: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘va’ makes pointer from integer without a cast
...edit
{standard input}:1941:symbol: "_weaponButtonState" can't be undefined in a subtraction expression
make: *** [debug-darwin-i386/client/client/cl_actor.o] Error 1

(...edit: deleted out a bunch of other guff 4 your reading pleasure; mainly errors)

Oookaaaay...

cd-ing into the .. /trunk and giving 'make' done got me nothin' good.

make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.

and from /trunk/trunk, 7. (make macinstaller) got me

msgfmt -v -o base/i18n/cs/LC_MESSAGES/ufoai.mo src/po/cs.po
make: msgfmt: Command not found
make: *** [base/i18n/cs/LC_MESSAGES/ufoai.mo] Error 127

and ./configure -disable-universal
got me

.....(eventually)

checking jpeglib.h usability... no
checking jpeglib.h presence... no
checking for jpeglib.h... no
configure: error: You must have the JPEG development headers

WTF? Tried to install gettext, but then brain began to bleed with realization of other things need to be installed/configured...

Me? Well... like I said, I'm no programmer, but/and I think the original instructions were written with the expectation of various programming tools/environments that I don't have, and won't have anytime soon.

Could someone give us a hint? Or ideally, put their latest mac version up for download?  :'(  :P

Still can't get any antimatter, and none of the recovered ufos have been disassembled despite months of game-time.. blah!

Destructavator:

--- Quote ---Could someone give us a hint? Or ideally, put their latest mac version up for download?
--- End quote ---

Is cross-compiling possible from another OS?  I noticed Codeblocks has several build targets, including "macos" and not just "windows" and "windows_debug."

I also got Codeblocks to run on (Kubuntu) Linux (not via Wine, but the Linux version) and it has multiple build targets as well.

I also gave the Mac target a try under Windows in Codeblocks and although most of the files wouldn't compile (which did not surprise me), the "game" part of the project didn't complain and started building (which *did* surprise me).

I'm not a coder, but could the Codeblocks workspace file possibly be worked on to cross-compile the Mac version in such a manner?  Or is this a lost cause (impossible)?

Mattn:
libintl.h is the missing gettext package - sure you have that installed?

doc.torr:
Is it in any of these?

i   gettext                    0.10.40-125          Message localization support
 i   gettext-bin                0.14.5-2             GNU Internationalization utilities
     gettext-dev                0.10.40-125          Developer files for gettext package
     gettext-doc                0.14.5-2             GNU Internationalization utilities (Documentation)
     gettext-emacs              0.14.5-3             Message localization support
 i   gettext-tools              0.14.5-4             GNU Internationalization utils (shared libs)

Also, why do I get:
~/ufoai/trunk/trunk

Seems an extra trunk jumped in there.

Other issues seem to occur when following listed instructions despite having the stated packages installed and most up to date (unstable) fink.

Any suggestions warmly welcomed

Mattn:
yes - it should be gettext-dev

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version