project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: (Impressive Artwork!) The next time someone claims to have UFO footage...  (Read 3998 times)

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
The next time someone claims to have video footage of a UFO and tells you it is real, show them this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfqDVP_0O0c&fmt=18

This just shows how far video editing technology has gone lately...

And BTW, this video impressed me, despite a few imperfections here and there.

Offline Destructavator

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: (Impressive Artwork!) The next time someone claims to have UFO footage...
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 09:54:12 pm »
Hey, wait a minute... This is giving me ideas for part of the game intro, when aliens first attack Earth...

We have models of alien ships already, and we have textures for buildings and such for the battlescape maps - Hmmm....  Perhaps tonight or sometime soon I can try to construct something in Blender, yes...

Sophisanmus

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 01:11:28 am »
An opening action scene would carry on the X-COM tradition of dynamic-ish opening scenes, though I think that UFO: AI would benefit from a more pessimistic introduction.  One scenario I had in mind could be an interception attempt (by national aircraft) of an alien craft.  A boatload of expended ordinance later, and several dramatic explosions as the Earth craft are blown out of the sky, the only consolation is a chunk of technological debris blown off of the alien ship by a lucky missile.  (The intercepting aircraft would probably not be those available to PHALANX, but older, generically contemporary in appearance)

Offline Destructavator

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 01:19:18 am »
That does sound interesting, although looking at the plot it looks like it starts with the attack on Mumbai (sp?) or whatever, although on the other hand there's nothing etched in stone that says the game intro cinematic has to match that exactly.  Before continuing on this thought, it might be better to discuss it further in the other part of the forum where multiple threads about a game intro exist, with a number of different ideas proposed.

...And yes, that does sound like another nice idea to try to put together, although a model with a compatible CC or GPL license of a non-PHALANX aircraft would be needed.

odie

Hey, wait a minute... This is giving me ideas for part of the game intro, when aliens first attack Earth...

We have models of alien ships already, and we have textures for buildings and such for the battlescape maps - Hmmm....  Perhaps tonight or sometime soon I can try to construct something in Blender, yes...

And maybe includes crashes of vehicles trying to avoid incoming attacks from UFOs / aliens like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anGVaVbIvv4