project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Hard questions should we just close it and forget?  (Read 2849 times)

Offline mydmitry

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Hard questions should we just close it and forget?
« on: August 22, 2008, 06:42:44 pm »
How do you think should admin close topic if there is a hard question in it that have no answer at this time?

More then 2900 views (people interested in it) and 34 questions/answers - hot disscussion.

See http://ufoai.ninex.info/forum/index.php?topic=636.0

Offline Mayhem

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Hard questions should we just close it and forget?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 07:31:54 pm »
They didn't close it becuase its a hard question.  They didn't close it because of the lack of an answer.

It's a very easy question, which has a very simple answer..  The answer is "No."

They don't like the answer any more that anyone else, but its the answer they have, due to the limitations of the engine.

Offline mydmitry

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 07:52:08 pm »
I see in that disscussion some constructive ideas. Let it be it will have no use in this version of game but may be in will help in future let's peoples talk about they ideas. Why not?

I think UFO have real part's XCOM1 EU, XCOM2 TFD, UFO AI.  ;D
UFO AI - coolest things from times of XCOM2 but I want it to be better and to do what peoples must have share they ideas.

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 09:23:12 pm »
If you want it to be better, make it better. That means patches. If you can't/won't, then you'd better assume it's not going to happen. "Constructive ideas" on the forum tend to not help.

Sophisanmus

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 09:39:12 pm »
I don't have much to add to the official word (BTAxis), but you should pay attention to the age of threads and their replies; a topic that has had no activity for almost two years generally means it is dead (regardless of view and reply count), and you should look for a more recent discussion to post on if you have anything to add.