project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Latest trunk build  (Read 63875 times)

Offline TrashMan

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Latest trunk build
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2008, 10:46:24 pm »
What console message? All maps converted. I ran both the phyton script and convert_maps.bat twice after the inital conversion. They just opened and closed after briefly checking the maps.
Hmmmm..one map did spit out some node warning (convert_maps.but) and a few missing textures (convert.py)

The ones that have a tendancy of not showing up are (as I noticed so far) some maps where aliens land. UFO crash maps all seem to work.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2008, 12:00:05 am »
I've experienced it with +farm. It doesn't have some ufocrash tiles, error message was:
Code: [Select]
ERROR: Could not find tile: '+craft_crash_fighter' in assembly 'small' (maps/farm.ump)

-geever

Offline TrashMan

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2008, 04:02:44 pm »
Confirmed. It is the farm map.

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2008, 04:08:24 pm »
Should no longer happen in latest trunk.

Offline TrashMan

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2008, 09:19:44 pm »
Still got no map load, but I don't think it's the farm this time. I'll get back to you on that after some more testing.

Oh, with the latest build, the soldiers don't target (the animations don't play). They just stand still as bullet fly around.

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2008, 10:23:05 pm »
Oh, with the latest build, the soldiers don't target (the animations don't play). They just stand still as bullet fly around.

what do you mean? Can you please try to nail down the revision this bug was introduced? That would help a lot to fix it.

Offline TrashMan

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2008, 12:22:18 am »
The latest. I updated the SVN right after you posted the farm problem should be fixed, re-complied the maps and the code. 18370 I believe.

And what I mean is the soldiers don't bring up their rifles/launcher/pistols to bear. They just hold them in their arms idly when they shoot.

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2008, 12:37:32 am »
He's asking at which revision this started happening, not which one you're currently using. Back up to a revision you know worked, then update one by one until you find the one where it breaks, then post the revision number here.

Offline TrashMan

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2008, 02:31:14 am »
I told you, 18370.

worked fine before that one.

I update the exe 2-3 times a day.

Offline TrashMan

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2008, 02:11:39 pm »
I noticed something else...I got two firebird dropships and 2 teams.
When I select a UFO activity icon on the map both dropship names are listed in the same location - they are overlapping. I can only select the first dropship I had (every other is literally beneath that one, so I can't click on them)

rdtsc

« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2008, 10:13:09 pm »
Hi, I'm another WinXP/nVidia user who has to run the dev build in "Win98 Compatibility" mode. (AMD dual-core x64 4000+ / GeForce 8800GTS.) Is it known what exactly causes this yet? Debugging (in normal compatibility mode) via C::B results in this: http://pastebin.com/m1a0c765

I'm new to C::B's debugger so tried to analyze this issue using the OllyDbg assembly-level debugger, however it throws an exception while loading module "guard32." (How ironic, lol!)

Question about the maps though, is \base\maps\compile.py currently known to spit out tons of lines such as:

Could not find texture 'tex_material/metall003'
Could not find texture 'tex_material/c_black'
Could not find texture 'tex_furniture/seat001'
Could not find texture 'tex_furniture/seat001'
Could not find texture 'tex_vehicles/gabstap_a'

I'm seeing hundreds, if not thousands of these messages when using the compile.py script. I then ran the Compile_Maps.bat and it compiled a few more maps, with only the "Could not load image pk3, searching in directories for images instead" errors.

Thanks, looking forward to a great game. ;D

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2008, 10:19:44 pm »
Sounds like it's definitely related to the 8800GTS. I wonder what happens on 8800GTs?

Offline TrashMan

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2008, 10:31:02 pm »
Another flunky error... I made XAW95 reseachable and buildable in singleplayer.

When I save the game and load it, all magazines and weapon in a soldiers inventory are gone. Can't tell if ti's the build for now.

B.t.w. - that dropship error seems to be coming and going.

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 13, 2008, 11:42:23 pm »
This might not be as much help, as I'm not a coder, but here goes:

Are you using the same savegames between revisions?  In many (but not all) cases updating to newer revisions breaks savegames or causes strange behavior.  (Hint: If you insist on not starting over unless absolutely necessary, watch the SVN logs when updating.)

Also, I've found from personal experience that the maps should be consistently compiled using the same method, or problems result.  I'm not sure why this is true, but for me it's something I've found.

I've also found that the .bat file used on windows to compile maps is rather fast, and yes, it is faster than the python file, although for me the python file never gives me errors or malfunctions.

I'm seeing hundreds, if not thousands of these messages when using the compile.py script. I then ran the Compile_Maps.bat and it compiled a few more maps, with only the "Could not load image pk3, searching in directories for images instead" errors.

In my experience I think this is normal, I've gotten the game to work fine despite the same output when compiling.

EDIT:  I'm going to try to upload a new installer shortly, I'll see if I can manage to get a relatively stable build and package it together (for those who want a dev build).
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 11:46:12 pm by Destructavator »

Offline TrashMan

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2008, 02:14:05 pm »
While trying to compile the latest trunk:
----------------------------------------

:: === gtkradiant_model, windows ===
..\..\src\tools\radiant\libs\stream\textstream.h:369: warning: `class SingleCharacterOutputStream' has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
..\..\src\tools\radiant\libs\scenelib.h:204: warning: `class scene::NullNode' has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
..\..\src\tools\radiant\libs\scenelib.h:815: warning: `class SelectChildren' has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
..\..\src\tools\radiant\libs\instancelib.h:34: warning: `class InstanceSubgraphWalker' has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
..\..\src\tools\radiant\libs\instancelib.h:56: warning: `class UninstanceSubgraphWalker' has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
..\..\src\tools\radiant\libs\instancelib.h:75: warning: `class InstanceSet' has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
..\..\src\tools\radiant\libs\traverselib.h:115: instantiated from here
..\..\src\tools\radiant\libs\undolib.h:96: warning: `class UndoableObject<TraversableNodeSet>' has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
..\..\src\tools\radiant\libs\traverselib.h:113: warning: `class TraversableNodeSet' has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
..\..\src\tools\radiant\libs\traverselib.h:335: warning: `class TraversableObserverRelay' has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
..\..\src\tools\radiant\libs\render.h:823: warning: `class RenderablePointVector' has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
C:\Documents and Settings\Toni\Desktop\UFO_AI\src\tools\radiant\plugins\model\model.cpp:45: warning: `class VectorLightList' has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
C:\Documents and Settings\Toni\Desktop\UFO_AI\src\tools\radiant\plugins\model\model.cpp:67: warning: `class PicoSurface' has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
C:\Documents and Settings\Toni\Desktop\UFO_AI\src\tools\radiant\plugins\model\model.cpp:287: warning: `class PicoModel' has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
C:\Documents and Settings\Toni\Desktop\UFO_AI\src\tools\radiant\plugins\model\model.cpp:529: warning: `class PicoModelNode' has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
..\..\src\tools\radiant\libs\stream\textstream.h:369: warning: `class SingleCharacterOutputStream' has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
..\..\src\tools\radiant\libs\stream\stringstream.h:98: warning: `class StringOutputStream' has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
C:\Documents and Settings\Toni\Desktop\UFO_AI\src\tools\radiant\plugins\model\plugin.cpp:163: instantiated from here
..\..\src\tools\radiant\libs\modulesystem\singletonmodule.h:66: warning: `class SingletonModule<ModelPicoAPI, ModelPicoDependencies, PicoModelAPIConstructor>' has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
:: === gtkradiant_entity, windows ===
C:\Documents and Settings\Toni\Desktop\UFO_AI\src\tools\radiant\plugins\entity\miscparticle.cpp:42: glib/gslist.h: No such file or directory
C:\Documents and Settings\Toni\Desktop\UFO_AI\src\tools\radiant\plugins\entity\miscparticle.cpp:: In function `void addUFOFile(const char*)':
C:\Documents and Settings\Toni\Desktop\UFO_AI\src\tools\radiant\plugins\entity\miscparticle.cpp:172: error: invalid use of undefined type `struct _GSList'
..\..\src\tools\radiant\include\ifilesystem.h:38: error: forward declaration of `struct _GSList'
C:\Documents and Settings\Toni\Desktop\UFO_AI\src\tools\radiant\plugins\entity\miscparticle.cpp:173: error: invalid use of undefined type `struct _GSList'
..\..\src\tools\radiant\include\ifilesystem.h:38: error: forward declaration of `struct _GSList'
C:\Documents and Settings\Toni\Desktop\UFO_AI\src\tools\radiant\plugins\entity\miscparticle.cpp:180: error: `g_slist_append' undeclared (first use this function)
C:\Documents and Settings\Toni\Desktop\UFO_AI\src\tools\radiant\plugins\entity\miscparticle.cpp:180: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in.)
C:\Documents and Settings\Toni\Desktop\UFO_AI\src\tools\radiant\plugins\entity\miscparticle.cpp:: In function `void MiscParticle_destroy()':
C:\Documents and Settings\Toni\Desktop\UFO_AI\src\tools\radiant\plugins\entity\miscparticle.cpp:197: error: invalid use of undefined type `struct _GSList'
C:\Documents and Settings\Toni\Desktop\UFO_AI\src\tools\radiant\plugins\entity\miscparticle.cpp:198: error: invalid use of undefined type `struct _GSList'
C:\Documents and Settings\Toni\Desktop\UFO_AI\src\tools\radiant\plugins\entity\miscparticle.cpp:198: error: `g_slist_remove' undeclared (first use this function)
:: === Build finished: 12 errors, 17 warnings ===