Technical support > Linux

Dev builds

(1/4) > >>

badkarma:
Hi

To start with id just like to say that you guys have an awesome game in the works here, everything is falling into place very nicely.

I have been tinkering with the release version and wanted to try the latest dev builds, although the "nightly builds" seem to be more "ad hoc" according to the guys on irc.

My point is I will most likely be compiling from source once a week and I was wondering if you guys would like the .deb files generated to put on the repository ?

Im running debian etch, on a opteron 185.

(Linux badkarma64 2.6.18-6-k7 #1 SMP Tue Jun 17 22:06:22 UTC 2008 i686 GNU/Linux)

let me know which debs you want generated and where you need me to send them to.

badkarma:
hmm, since  there was no response to this I was just going to build the debs anyway and stick them on tpb.

however I get an error when trying to build the packages

root@badkarma64:# make debbinary
debuild binary-arch
make: debuild: Command not found
make: *** [debbinary] Error 127
root@badkarma64:# make deb
debuild binary
make: debuild: Command not found
make: *** [deb] Error 127

am I missing something here ?

geever:
Yes it seems debuild is missing. In debian (maybe ubuntu too) it's in devscripts package AFAIK.

-geever

badkarma:
hmm, looks like its not possible to build the debs on etch  >:(

installed the devscripts and some other packages, looks like im stuffed with debhelper and libcurl

root@badkarma64:# make debbinary
debuild binary-arch
dpkg-checkbuilddeps: Unmet build dependencies: debhelper (>= 6.0.0) libcurl4-devdebuild: fatal error at line 1192:
You do not appear to have all build dependencies properly met.
If you have the pbuilder package installed, you can run
/usr/lib/pbuilder/pbuilder-satisfydepends as root to install the
required packages, or you can do it manually using dpkg or apt using
the error messages just above this message.
make: *** [debbinary] Error 1

trying the pbuilder command above results in
root@badkarma64:# /usr/lib/pbuilder/pbuilder-satisfydepends
 -> Attempting to parse the build-deps : pbuilder-satisfydepends,v 1.29 2006/11/06 20:20:56 lool Exp $
 -> Considering build-dep debhelper (>= 6.0.0)
      Tried versions: 5.0.42
   -> Does not satisfy version, not trying
E: Could not satisfy build-dependency.

looking  up the packages shows that debhelper 5.0.42, and libcurl3 are the latest versions on etch. so I guess im sol here ?

Mattn:
you can try to edit the trunk/debian/control file and just change the version to 5.0.0 - maybe it works - maybe not

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version