project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Thanks, but need help ..  (Read 2836 times)

Starflight

Thanks, but need help ..
« on: July 28, 2008, 11:06:17 am »
Hello,
first thanks for this game ! I remember UFO enemy unknown, and always loved this - problem was it works way too fast on the new PCs so i really appreciate this one - and it's free !!

I am now playing at  very easy for getting used to it, but even here the problem is reaching a terror site. When the small x appears (scene of an alien attack) it is near my base - good. I have equipped my dropper with one fuel pod, armour, and a shiva gun - crew is present, i click on the "x" on the map, then change the screen and order to start the ship. Nothing happens. It is idle all the time, only sometimes there is a message "not enough fuel" - not always though. But apart from a small green ship symbol appearing near my base nothing happens. There should be enough fuel - what am i doing wrong ? Did not find this in the FAQs or the forum ....

Thanks and greetings,
Starflight

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Thanks, but need help ..
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 11:09:25 am »
Starting the ship doesn't send it anywhere. You have to give it a destination after starting it, not before.

However, you can just doubleclick the mission and select the dropship from the popup menu. That's faster and easier.

Starflight

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 01:37:01 pm »
Hello,
i guess i did exactly that, but the ship does not move.
So once again for the totally dumb:
Which key or mouse action exactly ? One or double click on the target (x) does not do anything (after starting the plane from the base menu). Clicking on the base, or the small ships ymbol itself does not do anything either. So how do you get this menu you mentioned ?
Thanks and greetings,
Starflight

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 01:41:57 pm »
double click the mission, that should bring up the aircraft popup where you should be able to select the dropshop you like to send to the mission

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 03:06:19 pm »
For clarity, you are NOT supposed to start your dropship first.