project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: News Story: "Astronaut Says Government Covering Up UFOs" (USA)  (Read 13376 times)

Offline Darkpriest667

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: News Story: "Astronaut Says Government Covering Up UFOs" (USA)
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2008, 07:32:15 am »
Dick Cheney...

Regardless... I think most Americans are fully aware the government is lying to them cloning, genetic manipulation via drugs, and lets not forget genocide on a scale even worse than world war 2 Germany ( American - Indians)    I think that most Americans dont give a crap.. And the ones that do are thrown by the wayside as loons or conspiracy theorists..

Ive never said one way or another about the moon... Was it a hoax? I dont know.     However, They are covering up outside contact, and i believe it is for very malevolent reasons.

Offline EchizenR

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2008, 08:37:40 am »
Hey Americans don't need to be up-to-date on global political issues.

They just need to find out that the Iraq and Afghanistan Wars are based on lies. Their government is centralising more power, destroying the Bill of Rights and their right to privacy and turning the US into a national security Nazi state. That's all.

To bring the issue on-topic, can anyone explain why the flag on the moon was waving and how could the astronauts survive deep-space radiation with only aluminium foil covering the lunar module as a protection?

Sophisanmus

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2008, 11:44:46 am »
Afghanistan was the closest thing we had to a "right" war.  I highly doubt that most of the conspiracy theory about the World Trade Center have any real basis, that terrorist group had already made a previous attempt at it.  Things went well at first.  The terrorists' backs were broken, and US forces got within shooting distance of Bin Laden, but our own infighting gave him  time to get away.  Iraq... well, Saddam had it coming, but not for the reasons the administration tried to play up.  It seems to me that Bush got played just as much as the rest of us, in that respect.  Perhaps moreso, what with his family's history with Saddam.  If the people responsible for pushing the Iraq agenda had been honest, the policy may have had more staying power.  Instead, they played it upon the terrorism hype, which just didn't have the staying power after things inevitably bogged down in bureaucracy. 

Iraq did have weapons of mass destruction; we gave it to them.  It wasn't the bomb, but a nasty assortment of chemicals and biological agents.  Unfortunately, the administration tried to imply that the "WMD" also, and most importantly, contained nuclear weapons.  Now, thanks to their own shortsightedness, the public believes that WMD are nukes, which it is now clear Iraq did not have.  Honestly, I am more scared of the fact that we didn't find any weapons of mass destruction, including the chemicals we gave them previously.  Who has them now?  Why aren't we trying to find out?  Another failing of the administration, chasing ghost stories it created, while ignoring the real threats. 

Iraq is a mess.  It's the culmination of years of power games with Iran, which is why we backed Iraq in the past before having to behead the monster we created.  We have succeeded in creating an Iraq that Iran is afraid of.  Problem is, that's because it's a sparking powder keg in the last place on earth we want it.  We need to clean it up, and fast. 

Now, I think there are three possible alien types out there.  Sub-us, which we might find in a crater impact somewhere.  About-us, which are likely a bit ahead of us technologically, maybe a few decades or a century, and any contact would be likely hushed up.  Ahead-of-us, which are advanced enough to keep out of our reach and detection, and would be smart enough to not touch us with a 49 and 1/2 lightyear pole, considering the mess we've made of ourselves.  The odd non-crazy abduction story might be true, and any information the governments have is probably just as sketchy as your average alien conspiracy theory, and is probably lost among them. 

And, yes, Dick Cheney...

Offline TrashMan

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2008, 12:21:55 pm »
I'm not interested in conspiracy theories. My point was that you seemed to imply that although you believe the moon mission was a hoax you do seem to believe in aliens. How can you NOT believe in something that by all accounts is documented and publicized, yet believe in something that is based on rumors and hearsay? It's just not logical.

Indeed. If the landing was a hoax, you really think the russians wouldn't say something? Or maybe the americans had some magical technology that fooled russian scientists into believing they actually tracked the american rocket with their instruments to the moon?

Offline Mayhem

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2008, 08:50:06 am »
Space is insanely large.

If there is any intelligent life out there, in order to reach us they would have to have technology that to us poor ignorant savages would be indistinguishable from magic.

I really, really doubt that a race with so much power, and the motivation to cross the stars, would spend its time abducting ignorant hicks, mutilating cattle and putting on flashy light shows.

And at the same time, there is no way on earth that any earth government that exists is both secure enough and competent enough to hide the existence of genuine contact with aliens.

Is there life out there?  Possibly - its a big universe.  Has it visited us?  No.

As for the "hoax" of landing on th moon, that lovely thing about "the flag was waving" - why would the flag be waving in the wind on a closed sound-stage?  Wheras it would well appear to be waving on the moon thanks to the stiffening wires thoughtfully included by those that supplied the flag, who knew that the flag would just hang limply without them in the near vacuouus lunar atmosphere.

Seriously, if you believe the government is competent enough to hide the existence of aliens, how can you also believe they are so incompetent that they faked a moon landing but couldn't hide the fact they faked it?

"Moon hoax" conspiracy theorists are about 1 step up from "Intelligent Design 'theorists'" and only a couple of steps above flat-earthers.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 08:51:46 am by Mayhem »

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2008, 01:36:55 pm »
Amen to that.

Offline Mayhem

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2008, 01:43:36 am »
A nice point on this subject from the creator of the Bad Astronomy Blog, Phil Plait:

(Re, "Why not to believe in UFOs")

"Why dont amateur astronomers report them in record numbers? After all, who spends more time looking at the sky? The fact that few if any amateurs report them is a pretty clear case that the vast majority, at least, of all UFO reports are misunderstood mundane objects like airplanes, satellites, reflections, meteors, and Venus. Sometimes even the Moon, amazingly."
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 10:09:50 am by Mayhem »

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2008, 03:10:58 am »
Hey Americans don't need to be up-to-date on global political issues.

Meep! Wrong. Guess again.  I used to think the same thing when I was younger - Just look at national internet news right now, breaking news.  Timed intentionally at the start of the Olympics, a major invasion just started, look up news that just came out today about Georgia and Russia.  Yes, this does affect the United States, Georgia is a U.S. ally and we get oil from them, while at the same time we don't want to upset or strain relations with Russia.