project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: US Presidential Election  (Read 6410 times)

Offline EchizenR

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
US Presidential Election
« on: June 20, 2008, 01:28:29 pm »
What do you guys think of the two candidates running for president, Obama and McCain?

Offline DanielOR

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: US Presidential Election
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 08:32:43 pm »
aliens!  They are aliens, I tell you, the both of them!

Seriously, I am not crazy about either.  Will probably vote democratic strictly because I want to have the benefit of stem cell research sooner rather than later.

And if majority (or the admins) wish to institute the "no politics" rule, I'd be  all for that too.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 10:13:39 pm by DanielOR »

Offline Darkpriest667

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 08:57:12 pm »
I agree daniel

And Ill also say for the sake of the sanity of the forum... they are both aliens and im not giving out who i vote for :-D

Offline Kildor

• Project Artist
  • Captain
  • Project mapper and some other stuff`er
    • View Profile
    • http://ufoai.nx0.ru
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 04:29:50 am »
what are its?

I guess I know looser -- it will be peoples, and winner will be only $.

Offline EchizenR

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2008, 06:42:11 am »
Kildor is right that the winner will be $. Obama and McCain, to use a vulgar analogy, same sh!t, different a55holes.

Both are sponsored by huge corporate interests, both support the pheony War on Terror based on lies and government-sponsored terrorism, both want to attack Iran, even though the US Intelligence Community knows that Iran has no weapons program since '05, that even that may be a lie to establish that Iran had hostile intentions. Besides enriching uranium is a right under the NPT.

Whichever side wins, they're just two wings of the same bird. You know what hope is? It's something intangible within every American, as well as in every person in countries where elections are held, that gets crushed every four years.

Offline TrashMan

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2008, 08:33:08 pm »
I don't trust Obama. Got a feeling he's just somebodies puppet.

Out of nowhere comes he and gathers more money than Hillary? Supposedly most of it from small donars (yeah, right!)? Given the closenses of the elecetion between them, you'd think Hillary would be getting jsut as much money from small donars + a lot of money from other sources - established political figures have it easier getting donations.
Not to mention his attitude towards contraversial laws being passed. I understand him not wanting to thread on any toes, but calling forth others for voting this and that on this bill, while he cowardly voted "present" instead of yes or no? real strength of character there  buddy.

Speaking of which, how come the USA, self-proclaimed bastion of democracy, has the most un-democratic election system I ever seen?

Offline EchizenR

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2008, 09:58:07 am »
Yeah, you might also want to ask how come its the most flagrant abuser of human rights at home and abroad and yet still acts with a holier-than-thou attitude. WTF is Saudi Arabia a close ally when it has worst human rights records than Syria and probably has more terrorists per capita as well. The US makes good ironic humour in a world filled with irony.

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2008, 11:56:37 am »
Let's all migrate to Zimbabwe.

Offline EchizenR

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2008, 02:54:04 pm »
I prefer peaceful ignorant Singapore.

Offline Darkpriest667

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2008, 04:35:25 pm »
The Philippines for me

Offline EchizenR

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2008, 05:59:52 am »
Is there still a separatist problem there?

By the way, just to avoid a double post, I came across this hilarious news article, and wanted to share with everyone.

McCain strategist: Terrorist attack "would be a big advantage" in election
http://rawstory.com/news08/2008/06/23/mccain-strategist-terrorist-attack-would-be-a-big-advantage-in-election/

Not going to post the whole article, just a short passage which I found extremely humourous.

"As part of a series on The candidates and your money, Fortune Magazine asked Senator John McCain what he perceived as the single greatest economic threat to the United States. McCain's reply, after several seconds of staring "into the void," was "radical Islamic extremism."

« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 08:17:22 am by EchizenR »