project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Research Complition  (Read 2559 times)

Offline DanielOR

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Research Complition
« on: June 11, 2008, 12:44:07 am »
When a research project is player receives notification via mailclient.  They get taken to the list of similar messages, including completed project and proposal for new ones.  The exit from the screen is to the main base screen.

Proposal: in case of completed research prject the exit button should take the player to the Reasearch screen, since they are going there most likely, anyway. 

Not having this caused me to forget to set the next research topic a couple of times, thus missing a few days worth of work.  Little longer than that and I may have lost my scientists to alcoholism.

Offline blondandy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Research Complition
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 09:06:20 am »
IIRC each base has its own research management screen. If this was to be done, you would need a dialog to choose which research facility to switch to.

Offline Darkpriest667

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 02:11:56 pm »
speaking of alcoholism and science.

Im wondering if there is any thought or pursuit of the use of tranquilizers on aliens you know LSD or horse tranquilizers (for the ortnoks) .  I liked the small launcher from xcom but dont see a real substitute for it here... Why not?   Its perfectly legitimate and logical that we would use some sort of ranged tranquilizer.. These stun rods are ok for real personal contact but I want to be able to disable aliens from a distance.

Offline DanielOR

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 06:18:22 pm »
blondandy: you are right, I did not think about that.  Crap.  Maybe if a base finishes, you go to *their* research screen?

Darkpriest: I think the option of stun grenades being launched from GL was already mentioned - it seems like a very good option to me - if we can convert plasma grenades to GL ammo, gas should be no prob.  And using GL-launched gas grenades a very realistic option, making GL a useful tool again, all the way to the end of the game.