project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Text bug for 2.2.1  (Read 3557 times)

prospero

Text bug for 2.2.1
« on: November 28, 2008, 03:57:26 am »
Hi,

Great game!  I am on a mac book pro and have encountered the same bug another poster described.  The first time I ran the game after installing from the DMG all the text (emails, research descriptions, UFOPedia entries etc.) were fine.  After launching a second time it stopped working.  Instead of seeing text I see what appears to be a file name or key name for the text where the text should be.  I went to main game options and found that no language was selected, and selected English, but this had no effect on the problem.

Not a big deal, as the text is somewhat fluff anway, and there are descriptions of things online (wiki, manual etc.), but it would be nice to have the game text.  What language is the game written in?  I'd love to help.  Unfortunately I have no graphic skills, and probably that's a key skill needed.

Thanks!

jim

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Text bug for 2.2.1
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 12:19:35 pm »
The game is written in C. If you want to help out, there are plenty of things you could do without the need for graphics skills.

prospero

Re: Text bug for 2.2.1
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 08:38:24 pm »
My C skill are ancient, but I'll take a look.  If I can stop playing the danged thing.

I resolved this text problem.  What I had to do was go to game options and set language to English, then close and restart the application.  I had tried changing the language from none to English previously, but hadn't restarted when I posted.