project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Models Needed  (Read 21507 times)

knightsubzero

Re: Models Needed
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2008, 12:09:05 am »
terminator 3 style.

Offline Zorlen

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2008, 01:20:47 pm »
terminator 3 style.

On the subject of Terminator 3 and UAVs - real Russian Shtil-3 UAV prototype:
http://www.missiles.ru/_foto/Shtil-3/11_2.jpg

As for game models - will there be UAVs in tactical missions or only geoscape flyers?

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2008, 01:46:55 pm »
Geoscape only.

Offline Zorlen

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2008, 11:43:52 am »
Ah, I had tactical missions in mind, providing there was a sort of hovertank in UFOpaedia. Hence the rotary-wing design that provides ability to hover and high maneurability for the sake of speed and range.
I think some fixed wing VTOL design would do much better for geoscape flyers, maybe I should redesign it?

Offline Winter

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Street of Eyes: The Writing of Ryan A. Span
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2008, 12:17:22 pm »
Ah, I had tactical missions in mind, providing there was a sort of hovertank in UFOpaedia. Hence the rotary-wing design that provides ability to hover and high maneurability for the sake of speed and range.
I think some fixed wing VTOL design would do much better for geoscape flyers, maybe I should redesign it?

I think you meant UGVs, which are meant for tac missions, not UAVs, which are geoscape-only. The hovertank you mention is a UGV model by sitters.

We could really use some textured UAV models, by the way. None are written up at the moment but we definitely want them in from a design standpoint. At the moment we don't really want more human UGVs, because we already have a few and we don't want to include too many in the early game. UGVs incorporating alien technology, yes, but even then it would be handier to first create more weapon options for the UGVs we have. UGV plasma turrets, UGV lasers and particle beams, etc. etc.

Regards,
Winter

Marsu

« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2008, 06:34:18 pm »
As I already have a bit of experience of futzing around in blender I thought I maybe could try my hand at something useful, namely a model for this great game.

The problem is: there are 3 different lists of models that are needed. This thread, the sticky-thread NEEDED MODELS and of course the 2.3 TODO.
Is one of them accurate?

Offline Kildor

• Project Artist
  • Captain
  • Project mapper and some other stuff`er
    • View Profile
    • http://ufoai.nx0.ru
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2008, 08:18:28 pm »
Marsu, there is one more list, in todo:general.
As I understand, there are all valide lists, but with differents priority

Offline Winter

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2008, 09:30:40 pm »
The best way is simply to pick a model from the various TODOs that you want to make/have lying around, and ask. I can answer questions easily but maintaining all the lists is something I just don't have the energy to do.

Regards,
Winter

Marsu

« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2008, 12:59:28 am »
Ok, will do. Just thought that updating/merging the lists would be easier than constantly getting offered models that you already have (which seems not the case :) )

Offline Psawhn

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2008, 01:09:17 am »
I'm sure they dream of constantly getting offered completed and textured models they don't need. :)

Offline Winter

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2008, 08:51:21 am »
I'm sure they dream of constantly getting offered completed and textured models they don't need. :)

Oh, we do. But we'd settle for getting offered complete textured models at all. ;)

Regards,
Winter