project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Civilians killing soldiers.  (Read 3689 times)

steelaz

Civilians killing soldiers.
« on: May 12, 2008, 10:05:32 pm »
I was playing latest SVN release and encountered interesting thing. My soldier dropped sniper rifle to use mini-shotgun (close quarters), after turn ended, nearby civilian came and picked up sniper rifle. I thought "cool, civilians are gonna help me fight aliens", but then during another turn civilian shot my solder. To be sure I waited another turn and then that same civilian killed my wounded soldier. How come? Are civilians being under mind control or they just picked alien side?

Also, in the same mission, when all but one soldiers died, last one with morale at about 10 decided to use his reaction TUs to hide behind civilian. I thought it was funny :)

Captain Bipto

Re: Civilians killing soldiers.
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 11:25:33 pm »
d00d that is hilarious! I am gonna drop guns for civvies from now on. lol i'll pack pistols or machine pistols...hmm

Offline shevegen

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 03:41:21 pm »
Is that a fake?
I never seen behaviour like this.

steelaz

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 07:34:09 pm »
Update.

I went yesterday to complete that mission and realized something. After taking a better look at civilians it turned out that they weren't actual civilians, they had some sort of military uniforms (khaki color). Also map looked like some sort of military bunker or a base. This happened in Great Britain, but I forgot name of the city.

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 08:18:32 pm »
make screenshots of the map please and post them here

steelaz

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 09:57:04 pm »
For some reason pressing F12 doesn't create a screenshot (keys.cfg says it should).

I loaded mission again and it's in Bristol, England. Map is bunker01d.

I tried to drop weapons again but this time they didn't pick them up, I even tried shooting at them to agitate but nothing worked.