project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Feedback v2.2  (Read 2138 times)

ysu

Feedback v2.2
« on: May 12, 2008, 01:21:04 pm »
Guys, let me start with a congrats, this incarnation of UFO brought back some sweet memories, and it's a big smile to play (for a few days now, hehe).  I love the descriptions of stuff in the ufopedia, they are great!
It's pretty stable and fairly bug-free too, so yeah, keep up the good work!

Issues/bugs I came across
1) I think a bit more info on a few things would be good, essentially having some ufopedia for the 'old' technologies & buildings, even if with far less words.  (but with some essential data, for ex. how many people can be housed in a living quarter)

2) I'm now in a game where my main base cannot hire more people. I've fired a large number and I still cannot hire more, which is a bummer, because now I'm short on staff.  I've tried re-building one of the living quarters (it seems you demolish it essentially leaving some people without living space) but it did not help.

3) The 'health' value & bar regularly disappears for my soldiers on the assignment screen.

4) The equipment list on selling/transferring would be nice in alphabetical order.

Edit:
Erm...yeah as usual 10 minutes after posting I just realised that if I click on a building in building mode it gives me the required info. And it's in fact in the ufopedia.  I'm kinda blind.
This removes the point about ufopedia.  It also changes the other point about available living space - I'm indeed short on it; however it raises the questions:
- how can I demolish a living quarters when people need it (what happens to them?)
- how could I hire way more people into a base than it would be possible with 2 living quarters? (I've had 20 scientist, 20 workers 10 hospital staff and about 10 soldiers)

Edit:
5) more problems, this time with storage. I've created a new base and it seems some stuff have been put into it's storage space, including 64 ECM and other aircraft accessories...weird.  Maybe reaching the 10 million upper monetary-limit they started to pay in equipment?  (btw isn't that 10 million a bit low? If you have 6-7 bases a monthly upkeep can be around a million....)

6) it'd be a nice addition IMHO if arrows would keep fast-transferring in each screen if they are kept depressed. It's impossible to transfer 2000 alien materials clicking one-by-one, but even selling 60 polimer armor is tedious.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 03:50:22 pm by ysu »

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Feedback v2.2
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 08:16:09 pm »
6) is actually implemented - in 2.3 trunk.