Technical support > Linux

Ufo:AI 2.2.1 and 2.3-dev Debs for Debian/Ubuntu

<< < (12/17) > >>

Spyro:
Mattn, it isn't really necessary. The maintainer of the debian build scripts in svn apparently set it to a blank string for the purpose of style:
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=244582#135

The solution is just to add the base directory to the necessary *.install files. This is just a one-time, minor inconvenience as these files can be copied between svn versions with no extensive modifications.

DuKe2112, the ufo and ufoded binaries get placed in the correct locations with the default build scripts, so I didn't bother changing them, but I did forget to add 0materials.pk3. (I have edited the original post above to include it).

DuKe2112:
Yes, the binaries are placed in the correct positions, but those two I mentioned are the start scripts that get linked in the menu and against the command line starting command.
And without changing them you still don't have proper packages, because the common user can't use them otb.

Spyro:
DuKe2112, well my packages work perfectly fine for me on seven different systems, menu links and scripts, so this is probably one of those strange distribution inconsistencies. Which linux distro are you using? I am using Ubuntu Intrepid on everything right now.

DuKe2112:
Thats realy strange, because I'm using Intrepid as well.
Here, without the change, these two scripts are placed in /usr/games/ directory and they are pointing to /usr/lib/games/ufoai/
but the binaries are installed to /usr/lib/games/ufoai/base/
and the $ ufo command is calling these scripts.

But I'm still doing something wrong anyway, i have gettext and succesfully compiled the languages, they get installed, but somehow the game can't find them..

Mattn:
just for the logs: binaries should not be installed in base/ dir

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version