Technical support > Linux

Ufo:AI 2.2.1 and 2.3-dev Debs for Debian/Ubuntu

<< < (10/17) > >>

nixiepixel:
Hello all!

I am a relatively new Ubuntu user running Intrepid.  I have tried adding both the intrepid nightly-build and hardy games repositories, but synaptic isn't seeing any packages.  Can someone please help this newbie Linux user install and try the game?  Am I missing some step between adding the repository to my software sources and checking for a package in synaptic?

Thank you!

~Nix

Crinos512:
have you run a sudo apt-get update since adding the repository?

nixiepixel:
Yes, sudo apt-get update and also sudo apt-get upgrade, refreshing the software sources, refreshing in synaptic, and so on...

Still nothing...is there something I am missing?  What are the package names, perhaps I can get them without going through synaptic?

DuKe2112:
@geever, you were right, I was missing the devscipts.

Unfortunately simply using a slightly older datapackage doesn't seem to work, so im compiling it now completely.

@ nixiepixel First, you should only use one source, then make sure that it is aktive (there is a nice gui in system-> software-sources.)
If you can't get the source to work, for some reason, you could open the repo's directory in a browser and load the packages manually.

nixiepixel:
Thanks, I did have one source and it was active, but I still saw no package names in synaptic.

I ended up getting the .run file from sourceforge.net, though I may uninstall it as I'm having issues and try to get the package files via web browser, as you suggest.

Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version