Technical support > Mac

Update 2.2.1

<< < (6/9) > >>

tchristney:
Sorry, my bad - I forgot to run the old macfixlibs.pl on those binaries. Please try again - I've updated the dmg one more time (hopefully the last time!)

SnowJack:
Date/Time:      2008-05-17 17:23:51.926 -0400
OS Version:     10.4.11 (Build 8S2167)
Report Version: 4

Command: ufo
Path:    /Applications/UFOAI.app/Contents/MacOS/ufo
Parent:  WindowServer [67]

Version:  2.2.1 ( 2.2.1)

PID:    305
Thread: Unknown

Link (dyld) error:

Symbol not found: _pthread_rwlock_wrlock$UNIX2003
  Referenced from: /Applications/UFOAI.app/Contents/MacOS/../Libraries/libintl.8.dylib
  Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

tchristney:
Gah! This is what I was really afraid of - having to recompile the MacPorts libraries!

:'(

I'll figure out which ones I have to recompile and get back to you guys with some more libraries. Thanks for your patience!

ripclaw:
no prob, here`s the error i got:
dyld: Library not loaded: @executable_path/../Libraries/libpng12.0.dylib
  Referenced from: /Applications/Games/UFO/UFOAI_2.2.1_sk.app/Contents/MacOS/ufo
  Reason: image not found
May 18 14:57:30 glendronach crashdump[19437]: ufo crashed
May 18 14:57:30 glendronach crashdump[19437]: crash report written to: /Users/stefan/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/ufo.crash.log

same as above. i have working 10.4. version from source, but ppc only. so basically it can be done.

@tchristney: what would have to be done to get a working fat 10.4 compiled binary instead of a ppc-only ? did this change big time from NextStep ?

tchristney:
It isn't actually that hard. Are you using MacPorts or fink? Using fink it can't be done, AFAIK. Using MacPorts you need to specify the +universal variant when building all the UFO:AI dependencies. When configuring UFO:AI, you call ./configure CFLAGS="-arch i386 -arch ppc -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk" LDFLAGS="-arch i386 -arch ppc -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk". You will also find that there are some incompatible compile options specified in several of the build/*.mk files, specifically the options are -MD -MT $@ -MP - these need to be deleted.

FWIW, this is all fixed in the trunk and you just have to run ./configure. It may also be that you don't need the isysroot parameter (I know you don't on intel 10.4).

Right now I am in the process of updating my MacPorts tree to build libraries compatible with 10.4. I think I have it figured out and should have an updated set of libraries for you guys later today.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version