project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Bug in Interception Window  (Read 2654 times)

gruush

Bug in Interception Window
« on: April 28, 2008, 04:25:37 am »
Hi folks,

I logged a bug in Bugtracker today, #1952953 (http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1952953&group_id=157793&atid=805242).

But, thought I'd post here to see if anyone has seen this:

In 2.2 on Mac OS X (10.5.2), we have come across the following bug (my friend on the PC has seen the same bug):

We have multiple bases, with multiple interceptors. Here's what happens:

1. A UFO appears
2. We double-click on the UFO, and get the "interception" pop-up that lists the interceptors we have available.
3. If I select the Stiletto from my original base, no problem, he goes to intercept.
4. If I select the Stiletto from my second base, no problem, he goes to intercept.
5. If I select the Stiletto from my third base, the Stiletto from my FOURTH base launches.
6. Although they display in the list, I cannot select the Stiletto from my fourth or fifth base. Clicking does nothing.

So, basically, I can't intercept at all from bases 3 and 5, and I need to select base 3 in order to launch base 4's stiletto!

The console has this error:

4/27/08 4:26:03
PM [0x0-0x124124].UFOAI[2278] CL_PopupInterceptBaseClick_f()... Number given in argument (7) is bigger than number of base in list.

Has anyone else seen this, and is there anything I can do about it?

Steve

gruush

Re: Bug in Interception Window
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 04:31:32 am »
Aha, it seems like this may be the bug listed in this thread:

http://ufoai.ninex.info/forum/index.php?topic=2406.0

Sounds like it may be a known issue, but I couldn't find it in Bugtracker...

Ah well, sorry if it's duplicate. I'm going to try changing base names and see if the problem is resolved.

Offline kracken

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile

gruush

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 07:20:20 pm »
OK, it was definitely due to the length of the base names. I made all of the base names shorter, and now I can intercept from all bases without issue. I'll update the bugtracker, although I didn't figure out the specific # of characters that causes the problem. It could vary by resolution, too, I suppose.

gruush

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 07:22:54 pm »
Er, rather, I won't update Bugtracker, because Kracken already did. :)

Thanks!

Steve