project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: My first bit of feed back and stuf  (Read 2490 times)

Offline MunkyFish

• Rookie
    • View Profile
My first bit of feed back and stuf
« on: April 20, 2008, 10:52:30 pm »
this is my first post on here so let me start by saying wow i had a passion for ufo enemy unknown (not so much the others) and this game has all the elements that made it so good.
i haven't stopped playing it since i found it 3 days ago

1 thing that did get to me was when i was in a bases defence mission i could only use the 8 troops set to my drop ship (i had about 15 men there) i dont know if this is something that u cant change but it might be an idea to let the player use all the troops that they have at a base

other than this UFO:AI rules and far surpasses enemy unknown
keep up the good work

Offline blondandy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: My first bit of feed back and stuf
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 10:42:19 am »
the game is currently limited to 8 soldiers for a human-controlled team. you can certainly have more on an AI side.

I think the limitation is simply due to the interface (keymappings, HUD, ...). It should be sorted. it is in the 2.3 TODO

http://ufoai.ninex.info/wiki/index.php/TODO/2.3

Offline MunkyFish

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: My first bit of feed back and stuf
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 11:27:52 am »
ok well it was just an observation realy

i have spent a bit of time reading the forums now and something that has stuck in my mind is someone saying that u should use more of an xcom style interceptor screen i disagree maybe give u the option to do this but not by default as the current interceptors make me feel like a commander watching the battle (dogfight) from the comfort of my commandcenter the only bad thing about interceptors is that its so hard to shoot down a ufo  but this will come with balancing 

btw i am using 2.3 as 2.2 was over far to quick and 2.3 is just better in every way