project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Team as default Multiplayer sub-menu  (Read 3612 times)

nemchenk

Team as default Multiplayer sub-menu
« on: March 11, 2008, 10:08:54 am »
Another question -- Team is the top-most/first button on the Multiplayer menu, yet it is the server browser that is the sub-menu that is show first.

Is there any reason why Team is not show when one enters the Multiplayer menu? I would have thought that before connecting to a server, a Team would have to be selected in any case?

nemchenk

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
Re: Team as default Multiplayer sub-menu
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 11:05:27 am »
we should implement a feature to set a default team that is loaded - i suppose it's still better to see the serverlist before anything else - but we can of course discuss this ;)

nemchenk

Re: Team as default Multiplayer sub-menu
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 06:27:08 pm »
Ok, here goes :)

The reasons for suggesting Team as the first submenu are two-fold:

1) Like I said, it seems to be the logical first step in the user experience: "select team, then connect to server." Lets call this 1a.

Are you thinking along a different path? Sort of: "look for a server, see what teams it supports, pick a team, go back to connect to server"?

2) I have a solution for bug #1911534 that works if the Team submenu is the first thing showing :D This would short-circuit my bugfix :P

I can see the point of the alternate user experience path in (1b), so if we agree that is what is desired, I would suggest moving the Team button down on the menu, to make the interface more consistent, and then I shall look for another fix for (2) :D

Thanks,

nemchenk