project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Can't Build Small UFO Hangar  (Read 3432 times)

Offline Doctor J

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Can't Build Small UFO Hangar
« on: February 18, 2008, 08:23:48 pm »
2.2 binary on a Mac

I selected to build a "Small UFO Hangar" and it became a regular Small Hangar.  The Large UFO Hangar is currently in construction, so i'll see about that soon.

Offline eleazar

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Can't Build Small UFO Hangar
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 10:35:22 pm »
2.2 binary on a Mac

I selected to build a "Small UFO Hangar" and it became a regular Small Hangar.  The Large UFO Hangar is currently in construction, so i'll see about that soon.

It worked for me with: 2.2 binary on an Intel Mac

Offline Doctor J

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 09:54:33 pm »
Well, i don't know.  I ended up with several Small Hangars, no Small UFO Hangars, and one Large UFO hangar.  Yet when i completed the Revelstoke mission i apparently didn't bring back the complete [working?] UFO that was parked there.  I should be able to capture that, right?

Starship_Yard

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 11:30:52 pm »
Well, i don't know.  I ended up with several Small Hangars, no Small UFO Hangars, and one Large UFO hangar.  Yet when i completed the Revelstoke mission i apparently didn't bring back the complete [working?] UFO that was parked there.  I should be able to capture that, right?

Currently missions showing landed or crashed UFO's are mixed in with regular missions.  Unless the mission specifically states it is a landed UFO or crashed UFO, even if you see a UFO on the map it effectively doesn't exist.  However if you ARE given a mission stating there is a crashed UFO (crash site from shooting down a UFO), or landed UFO (some special missions and crashed UFO's if you didn't shoot them down) then you can capture an intact UFO.

Brett

Offline Doctor J

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 05:31:50 pm »
Well, i dunno.  I now have a Large UFO Hangar, and i was able to destroy the excess Small Hangar and this time i did build a Small UFO Hangar.  Perhaps it was just sloppy clicking on my part?

Offline Doctor J

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 08:18:45 pm »
Currently missions showing landed or crashed UFO's are mixed in with regular missions.  Unless the mission specifically states it is a landed UFO or crashed UFO, even if you see a UFO on the map it effectively doesn't exist.  However if you ARE given a mission stating there is a crashed UFO (crash site from shooting down a UFO), or landed UFO (some special missions and crashed UFO's if you didn't shoot them down) then you can capture an intact UFO.

Okeh, thanks.  So how can i verify the capture?  After the "Somewhere in Antarctica" mission i should have a Fighter, yet i can't see it anywhere.  Left clicking the UFO hangar only brings up the UFOpedia entry on the hangar itself, not the list of contents i would have expected.  I also don't see it in the transfer screen.

Starship_Yard

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2008, 06:56:15 pm »
At this point you would have to go to Reseach for each base and see if it appears as a (grayed out) topic to research.  Until you've captured the Scout in 2.2 your research and disassembly can't procede.  It does take a while for the UFO to get delivered to the base.  Check your messages on the geoscape as well as that will tell if it has been delivered and to where.

Brett