project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Full-screen and window mode oscillation  (Read 3524 times)

ziriguidum

Full-screen and window mode oscillation
« on: February 27, 2008, 04:43:27 pm »
The issue has already been raised in this Forum, but the post had an unrelated title (topic:

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
Re: Full-screen and window mode oscillation
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 06:21:06 pm »
your post seams to be cutted - only use normal "

ziriguidum

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 06:34:13 pm »
Thanks a lot for the warning. The post was indeed cut.  I was just saying that the issue was already mentioned in the forum, but on a post that dealt with other matters and, as a result, there was no reply.

When I play UFOAI on Ubuntu 7.10 every ten or so minutes it drops down from full screen mode to window mode and the, after some seconds, it goes back into full screen mode. I could not identify any pop-up in the Desktop or any other reason for the game to do so.

It is not a great problem, just a little bit annoying. Does anyone have any ideas?

P.S. - By the way, it is a great game. Congratulations and thanks to all those involved.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 06:36:26 pm by ziriguidum »

nemchenk

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 12:34:07 am »
try running it from "text mode" (RL 2 in Ubuntu, I think?) and startx. That way, there will be no popups or anything like that. See if that helps, and post back here. :)

swanwarrior

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2008, 01:36:07 pm »
Guess it's a specific problem with YOUR environment, as I play in the platform way but experienced no such strangeness...

It goes well with my Ubuntu 7.10, so it is probable that some particular parameter on your system causes the matter.

Do you use skype or any instant messaging program (they tend to intrude on other activities when you get messages...) ?